Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Petty torment of the morning: "Road Dawgs" is nails on a chalkbored

The Road Dwags have to get psyched to play in a TUFF environment

Silence is deafening.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019
    Ahmed is the only starter to miss a game this season.

Last week 30+ starters were out (Edit: across the PAC)

UW has been extremely healthy thus far.

*knocks on wood*
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

*knocks on wood*

• Options
    edited October 2019

*knocks on wood*

I am not really superstitious and don’t believe I alone can jinx a football team. But I knocked on wood just in case people got uppity.

I was listening into to a podcast that was discussing just how decimated the PAC is on the injury front (like half the QBs are missing time), and it made me realize how free UW has been so far.

That’s a sign of a great S&C program (and some luck).
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

*knocks on wood*

Harris missed probably 90% of the EWU game.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Crazy this will be first time Road Dawgs have worn their white addidas jerseys and it's October.

the different visual will be the explanation for every Fuller/Opera Singer dropped pass. New uniforms = doomed.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,314
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Do we not count Ty Jones as a starter missing time? And I thought there was some rotational D Lineman too...
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    - Ty was never listed as a starter this year (always a backup to Fuller), so he didn’t count against.

- Harris started the game, so he didn’t count against (it was only counting out of the lineup at the start of the game).

- Rotational linemen are considered backups, so they didn’t count against.

- Like I said, I was listening to a podcast where they mentioned 30+ starters were out last week in the PAC-12 and a similar number would be out this week.

- Last night I was watching the USC replay and Brock mentioned the only UW starter to miss a game this year was Salvon @ BYU.

- That is remarkable when you think about an average of 3 starters per PAC-12 team being out and how it would affect them. Just look at Stanford. They’re missing everyone and falling apart on the field.

- To me, it says a shit load about Tim Socha and the S&C staff as well as the trainers and nutritionists. Players bodies have been prepared well and taken care of well.

If you guys can’t enjoy the stat, then I can’t help you.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

- Ty was never listed as a starter this year (always a backup to Fuller), so he didn’t count against.

- Harris started the game, so he didn’t count against (it was only counting out of the lineup at the start of the game).

- Like I said, I was listening to a podcast where they mentioned 30+ starters were out last week in the PAC-12 and a similar number would be out this week.

- Last night I was watching the USC replay and Brock mentioned the only UW starter to miss a game this year was Salvon @ BYU.

- That is remarkable when you think about an average of 3 starters per PAC-12 team being out and how it would affect them. Just look at Stanford. They’re missing everyone and falling apart on the field.

- To me, it says a shit load about Tim Socha and the S&C staff as well as the trainers and nutritionists. Players bodies have been prepared well and taken care of well.

• Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982

Ty Jones started 8 games last year. You really think Baccellia passes him on the depth chart without his injury?

Maybe if you base it on our starters from the first game. But we have plenty of starters missing based on last years depth. If I want to be doogish Beavers, Calvert, Kizer and Clark were all potential starters before there injuries.

So there is no way you can jinx us because we are missing 5 starters. 6 if I count Joyner and 7 if I count Eifler. 11 If i count togiai,Marlon t, tootoo, and kaho cause bag man theft is just as bad as injury. So no we aren't better off then other teams and no one is going to get hurt today.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Domicillo said:

Lets just run quarters all year: Hampton/Molden/Williams/McKinney/Gordon/McDuffie/Taylor with Levi/Taki/Tryon and Myles Bryant at MIK.

#EMFA

Bump.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    These empty sets are fucking retarded. Hamden must go and Pete must relinquish the offense.