Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW AD Morale

2»

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

easy on the cherry wine 500... let's simply not forget to include the bad with the good... woody dug deep into his bag of tricks to hire sark and so the fact it took 5 years to get rid of sark and woody didn't actually do the breaking up means there's still a lens of suspicion i have for him.

My point is that it was so obvious even Woodward figured it out ... And then he got lucky with PeterNorth ...

I admire you for hanging onto your lens of skepticism ... I've left mine in my pocket for a good 5 weeks now... Been into the 'ole doogery...

Your point is well taken.

FYFMFE
    classy poast. you're one of my favorite poasters here. fmfyfe
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It's hard to fire a winning coach who bleeeads purple. Some would say it's unwise.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Oh yah?! Well kim heard morale in the AD is low. Don't ask his source.

Actually, I think kim's morale is low. He really wanted to be part of the "Joey's club," but all he ever got was a few noogies and an "initiation" ride in the trunk of Sark's car.
  • Options
    d2dd2d Member Posts: 3,109
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2014
    Woodward is no dummy. He survived Louisiana politics. He's survived UW politics and flourished. He's cleaned out an incredible amout of dead wood in the AD starting with HWSNBN. He has proven to be better than the average AD in BCS schools. I was a skeptic for along time. No more.
  • Options
    Let me remind you that Woodward is the spawn of Emmert and Woody failed to fire Ty appropriately, Woody hired Sark out of at least 21 other better options and finally, he got Peterson only after what appears to be Sark leaving... had Sark not left (someone buy Pat Haden a drink if they see him and send me the bill) then would we still have Sark? I applaud Woody for getting Peterson but there's a shit lot of reasons to wonder if he just got lucky.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Let me remind you that Woodward is the spawn of Emmert and Woody failed to fire Ty appropriately, Woody hired Sark out of at least 21 other better options and finally, he got Peterson only after what appears to be Sark leaving... had Sark not left (someone buy Pat Haden a drink if they see him and send me the bill) then would we still have Sark? I applaud Woody for getting Peterson but there's a shit lot of reasons to wonder if he just got lucky.

OTOH, he didn't fight to keep him, and he got the stadium done which basically none of us thought would happen (Hi Harv!). It's possible he got lucky. It's also possible we underestimated him.

Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    And yet on his watch, hoop is rapidly deteriorating.So far, Woody gets a C+ ish from me. Demerits for not ass door outing Tyrone quick enough, Dude Brah and hoop.Credits for allowing Pat HadenFS and getting Pete. Bonus round points for the renovation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    kh83 said:

And yet on his watch, hoop is rapidly deteriorating.So far, Woody gets a C+ ish from me. Demerits for not ass door outing Tyrone quick enough, Dude Brah and hoop.Credits for allowing Pat HadenFS and getting Pete. Bonus round points for the renovation.

The hoops comment is unfair considering UW won four conference titles in a row under his watch.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    kh83 said:

I know grade schools don't really give out letter grades anymore which is a shame because we're all about as mature as a room full of 5th graders but that's not the point. The point is if you were giving Woody letter grades, I think it'd look something like this:

Peterman: A
    Stadium: A
    HadenFS: B
    Hoops: C (and falling)
    Sark: D
    Ty: F

That comes out to a 2.3 GPA. He can bring it up by fixing basketball.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

kh83 said:

I know grade schools don't really give out letter grades anymore which is a shame because we're all about as mature as a room full of 5th graders but that's not the point. The point is if you were giving Woody letter grades, I think it'd look something like this:

That's probably fair.

OTOH, he's trending really strong. If you only look at the last year you get:

Hoops: D

That's a 2.75, and that's probably overly weighted down by the hoops situation.

He's been really good of late. Maybe it's just a hot streak, or maybe he's finally got this AD thing dialed in.

EWIWBI.
  • Options
    our uniforms for so many reasons... F
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Woodward got the stadium done, then ponied up for Wilcox, Tosh & Sirmon etc, who btw saved Sark's job by enhancing recruiting and getting the defense to be decent immediately. Then he lets Sark walk and gets Petersen. Basketball is a disappointment right now but its an incomplete grade at this juncture.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    Well, if the basketball grade is incomplete, it's getting worse by the day.
  • Options
    VegasdawgVegasdawg Member Posts: 370
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

Meek said:

I wondered about all of that too. The company line goes something like this--- Woody had done his prep work and had feelers out to Mora and Peterson. It also includes the theory that had Sark lost the Apple Cup, he would be fired. I'm not buying any of it. The more likely story is that Woody just got lucky with Pete, I'm sure the pay raise helped and the new facilities, but Pete had decided to hang with BSU and not move on, he would not have bolted. The Sark enablers were already singing his praises and prepping us all for another long term contract for Sark. I think the bottom line is we got very, very, lucky. Lottery winner type lucky, and Haden drunk dialed Sark and offered him the SC job. I say that because I still can't believe a sober AD would hire him for the SC job.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

kh83 said:

That's probably fair.

He's been really good of late. Maybe it's just a hot streak, or maybe he's finally got this AD thing dialed in.

EWIWBI.
    I'd give him a B for the stadium and a C+ for Sark. He got us back to respectability, and a lot of coaches wouldn't have. Who here honestly wouldn't have taken 19-17 for the first three years in August of 2009?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Uh a shitload of people I hope
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,210
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

dnc said:

kh83 said:

That's probably fair.

EWIWBI.
    I'd give him a B for the stadium and a C+ for Sark. He got us back to respectability, and a lot of coaches wouldn't have. Who here honestly wouldn't have taken 19-17 for the first three years in August of 2009?
    I might have taken it only with the promise that we would be minimum 20-6 the next two years ...

Sark went 32-29 vs. FBS competition in his five years. Unacceptable on any level.