Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    KevininTacomaKevininTacoma Member Posts: 122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I hope Simon, Will Latu, Ethan Calvert and Keith Brown figure out how many spots are available before they get passed on like Jordan Banks
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Emoterman said:

I hope Simon, Will Latu, Ethan Calvert and Keith Brown figure out how many spots are available before they get passed on like Jordan Banks

Every one of those guys is a must take.
    Yeah but I bet we don't end up with all four. One will probably drag their feet and we'll take somebody else who emerges. Or maybe just take 3. My money is on Brown not being a Dawg. Good chance Ethan isn't either depending on what SC does.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Yeah but I bet we don't end up with all four. One will probably drag their feet and we'll take somebody else who emerges. Or maybe just take 3. My money is on Brown not being a Dawg. Good chance Ethan isn't either depending on what SC does.
    Simon and Latu ITB. BONEM for Brown. Calvert is ours as long as faith comes first at SC.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He’s coming to UW lol

Emoterman said:

I understand that all of those players are elite talents but how many inside backers do we need on the roster? Our class next year is likely to not be nearly as big as the last 2. If all 4 wanted on board we’d start the 2021 season with 12 scholarship players at those 2 positions plus Ulofoshio and Fowler as walk-ons. Maybe Tuputala and Calvert end at SAM and maybe we can expect a transfer, but that’s a best case scenario.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FirePete said:

Since 7th grade huh, he must have waited 30 years
    ooybe
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Simon said he's working on trimming his list and targeting a decision.

"I think it's really going to come down to what happens over these next few months, as schools express feelings and interest," said Simon. "We’re just going to take it slow and see where that goes. I don't want to rush anything but I understand its almost my time. We just have to really take it in and not take it too fast and keep recruiting open. I think by the summer, I should be ready to make a decision."

"I would like to check out LSU," said Simon. "I haven’t been offered yet, but they’ve had interest in me and I feel like if I go down and show my interest, they might extend an offer. But LSU looks like its great down there."

"I know I'm probably going to check out the California schools and Oregon," said Simon. "California is a given because of 7v7, we're going down there a couple of times and I think we’re going to Georgia too so I may check that out."

“When Coach Pete stepped down, my reaction was just like everyone else, I was shocked,” said Simon. “No one was really expecting it. It was a shocking move. But it is what it is. It didn’t drop my interest or gain any more, it’s still the same. Coach Lake, I love him, he’s my guy and I have a good relationship with him and he’s a good coach and he always has a good defense.”

Simon said his relationship with Bob Gregory, who has been running point on his recruitment, is still strong too.

“I always talked more with Coach Gregory and he and I are really close so he just said not much is going to change, they’re still going to have a good defense,” said Simon.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Kid isn’t that good, tbh. He just looks like he is.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    His aging is accelerating
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

His aging is accelerating

I’m biased against him for sure, but this guy is not getting any better physically. That doesn’t matter if all he needs to get in college is the mental aspect, but it’s hard to ignore. Could take him or leave him.