Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Today's Hardcore Husky Jazz History Note

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,454
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Woody Herman's New Thundering Herd of the 1940s featured three tenor saxes and a baritone, for a unique sound. Stan Getz was the star. They called themselves "the 4 Motherfuckers" or "4 Mothers".

But the record company changed it to "4 Brothers".

Apparently, the record company had never heard of the First Amendment.

Comments

• Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Skinny jeans hadn't yet come in off the range in the 1940's and mom jeans were far far away over the horizon, too far to imagine. "Motherfuckers" could never have sold disks (which were still graphite) without jeans at least not until the shrill sax sound could be amplified and replicated by the newly invented plugged-in guitar.

I was born in late 1940 and cut my teeth on New Orleans/Kansas City horn-blowing jazz and big band jamming at the foot of my dad's Motorola. Within 15 years, jazz had faded away while I traded slacks for stand-alone Levi's and jazz for Rock blasted from the radio in my overhead V8 powered hotrod Ford coup.

Life was good and only then did we discover something called the First Ammendment. Censuring "Motherfuckers" would have been mild compared to how biblebeaters and Conservative revisionists from coast-to-coast tried to destroy all that was great in rock 'n' roll. The age of free-speech soon arrived as heroes such as Lenny Bruce and the ACLU shoved the word "Fuck" in the faces of the biblebeaters and censures like facial cream pies and the evil soon forgot about the innocence of Rock.

Conservatives and some fundamentalists are still trying to pull Gabriel's horn out of their righteous ass while music lives on and thrives as the language of our souls....... thanks in part to the Motherfuckers. If you haven't yet watched and listened to Metallica's "Quebec Magnetic" concert DVD in Blu-ray, you haven't lived. It can't get much better.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Constitution was pretty much thrown out the window in the 1940s.

Sincerely,
    110,000 Japanese Americans living in war relocation camps

Like the Constitution was written for them anyway.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Little know fact; DJ worked at the record company.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Sincerely,

The First Amendment comes from the Bill of Rights, not the Constitution. HTH.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tailgater said:

Skinny jeans hadn't yet come in off the range in the 1940's and mom jeans were far far away over the horizon, too far to imagine. "Motherfuckers" could never have sold disks (which were still graphite) without jeans at least not until the shrill sax sound could be amplified and replicated by the newly invented plugged-in guitar.

I was born in late 1940 and cut my teeth on New Orleans/Kansas City horn-blowing jazz and big band jamming at the foot of my dad's Motorola. Within 15 years, jazz had faded away while I traded slacks for stand-alone Levi's and jazz for Rock blasted from the radio in my overhead V8 powered hotrod Ford coup.

Life was good and only then did we discover something called the First Ammendment. Censuring "Motherfuckers" would have been mild compared to how biblebeaters and Conservative revisionists from coast-to-coast tried to destroy all that was great in rock 'n' roll. The age of free-speech soon arrived as heroes such as Lenny Bruce and the ACLU shoved the word "Fuck" in the faces of the biblebeaters and censures like facial cream pies and the evil soon forgot about the innocence of Rock.

Conservatives and some fundamentalists are still trying to pull Gabriel's horn out of their righteous ass while music lives on and thrives as the language of our souls....... thanks in part to the Motherfuckers. If you haven't yet watched and listened to Metallica's "Quebec Magnetic" concert DVD in Blu-ray, you haven't lived. It can't get much better.

I'm a conservative and I love jazz, so right there your theory is fucked up.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Sincerely,

The First Amendment comes from the Bill of Rights, not the Constitution. HTH.
    Right. Because the Bill of Rights is not part of the Constitution.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Patrick Henry would have fit in at Hardcore Husky.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,936
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014

Why do you hate Alexander Hamilton?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_hamilton
  • Options
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

to that I say "abundance"
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tailgater said:

I'm also Conservative and like jazz. But cool story, brah. Really...
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tailgater said:

I'm also Conservative and like jazz. But cool story, brah. Really...
    Im a libertarian and I tolerate some types of jazz...but smooth jazz makes me want to choke someone out.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm not gay therefore I do not like jazz.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    I smoke weed, so I like jazz.

Pure American art form.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Closest Derek's ever been to 4 brothers.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

I smoke weed, so I like jazz.

Pure American art form.

Pharoah Sanders and Don Cherry after a joint tho.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Tailgater said:

I'm a conservative and I love jazz, so right there your theory is fucked up.
    Conservatives and fundamentalists didn't have much problem with jazz, it was Rock 'N' Roll in the 1950's-60's that twisted their tails. Say hi to Gabriel.
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    pawz said:

So Hamilton became Washington's Chief of Staff at 19, was a congressman by 25, began a law practice at 26, founded a still-existing bank at 27, and became Secretary of the Treasury at 32. Holy fuck, what have I been doing with my life?

Not to mention he died of a gunshot wound from a duel with the then-sitting Vice President. I guess Cheney was born 200 years too late.