Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Day 3 of a boner
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Doesn’t seem explosive? Watch his sophomore hudl. He was hurt all last year

This one?
    http://www.hudl.com/v/280FaR

I see 1 sack in that tape.

look, I am excited for him but he's got a lot of work to do. He's more of a top 150 guy rather than a top 10 guy.
  • Options
    Daddy got paid. Glad we're in the business now. Thank you for that shift, Pete.
  • Options
    bigcc said:

It's always good to get highly regarded guys in the state but I do have a few concerns about him:

1) Has he even recorded 10 sacks in his entire HS career? Dude has the athleticism but has been underwhelming on the field.
    2) The next great EDGE player Pete K. coaches will be his first.

Kikaha was a unanimous all-american
    Good call.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019
    With tryon I see the light turning on. He had some snaps where he beat his guy off the edge. I hope with more playing time he will be good next year. He plays with hesitation, wchich hopefully playing time will fix
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

With tryon I see the light turning on. He had some snaps where he beat his guy off the edge. I hope with more playing time he will be good next year. He plays with hesitation, wchich hopefully playing time will fix

Hes going to be good. He was never a fully developed HS player so, in spite of his drool inducing looks and athletic ability he needs some time to get it.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wait until Socha gets his hands on Smalls

Look out!
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,267
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yes, @Domicillo TYFYS. They should let you keep the first 1.5".....
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    dannarc said:

Yes, @Domicillo TYFYS. They should let you keep the first 1.5".....

A 1” sacrifice won’t appease anyone
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

It's always good to get highly regarded guys in the state but I do have a few concerns about him:

1) Has he even recorded 10 sacks in his entire HS career? Dude has the athleticism but has been underwhelming on the field.
    2) The next great EDGE player Pete K. coaches will be his first.

Didn’t he coach Demarcus Lawrence and Kikaha?

Not sure if he coached Andrew Hudson or not his senior year but he balled out that year. Littleton was pretty good as well.

But still. Thee issue has not been coaching, it’s been a talent issue.
    Kikaha had to relearn a position under Kwat. There was a time early on when everyone was possed at how he was being used. Then he got like 18 sacks and shut everyone up. Kikaha was just fucking good.

Feeney moved to outside as a senior after a couple of damn good years at ILB. He was good. Littleton was good. I'm pretty sure Andrew Hudson played his senior year opposite Kikaha and was very good. Joe Mathis made the move out there and was briefly dominant.

Kwat can coach outside linebackers. You have to have enough talent to cover for injuries and guys who dont get it in spite of their talent though. He hasn't recruited for shit so far. Tryon was and is a great looking prospect, but he's only one guy at a position that always plays two and should be stacked at least six deep in talented athletes.
    We are getting better at Buck/Sam. We just aren’t quite there this year. Bowman is out of position outside too. He’s better with his hand down.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

“They let me breathe,” he said. “They let me relax, and just go through my own process of thinking, and go through my own recruitment. But then a few months later, they started hitting me up gradually. I appreciate them not bombarding me, even though I had eliminated them. I thought they handled that process the right way.”

If there was a single moment that most helped to seal this for UW, it was a one-on-one meeting with coach Chris Petersen the week before Kennedy’s season-opener. That day, Smalls said, Petersen simply laid out his vision for Smalls at UW, detailing again the school’s “Built For Life” philosophy.

“What I can do with my life there, nothing else beats it,” Smalls said. “So I had to just shoot the gun and just do it. No point in wasting my time and other people’s time.”

Shortly after that meeting, Smalls said, he decided he would commit to Washington. He called Petersen and defensive line coach Ikaika Malloe five or six days ago to let them know. Their reaction? “Ecstatic,” he said. “The whole staff talked to me on the phone.”

It helped, too, that he’s spent so much time recently with Huard, who was “nudging me every single day. He never let off. Just hearing UW every day definitely helped a little bit.”

Rest is in the WAM.

ISHIT
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

sven would be so triggered.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

sven would be so triggered.
    waiting for his twitter feedback via one of his 20 alts