Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Our 1 point loss to Communist China

2»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,704
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Rooting for a participation trophy over going to the playoffs is Beta as fuck.

The Rose Bowl is a participation trophy now?

Go fuck yourself
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    But we have this same argument every year. You posted this same thing about hoping we go to the Rose Bowl rather than go the playoffs multiple times in 2016. You posted it either last year or 2017 too (I can't keep up). You've well established that you're not interested in ever going to the playoffs.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

But we have this same argument every year. You posted this same thing about hoping we go to the Rose Bowl rather than go the playoffs multiple times in 2016. You posted it either last year or 2017 too (I can't keep up). You've well established that you're not interested in ever going to the playoffs.

The only time I did was 2018.

Provide proof otherwise it's speculation or w/e that meme is
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This isn't last year's Clemson team. Most of them are in the NFL with our defensive guys. 5 a piece

Hot talk experts are already shitting on Lawrence too. Amazing.

Turn pro after your high school senior year as a 5 star legend

Lawrence doesn’t look very good. I thought he might have been overrated when I saw him against Notre Dame. He had good stats but missed a lot of throws in that game. Then he played Bama and lit them up.
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Rooting for a participation trophy over going to the playoffs is Beta as fuck.

I would rather play the Holiday Bowl for recruiting purposes.
    I want to WIN the Alamo Bowl vs a tuff 8-4 Alberta State Tornado team
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This isn't last year's Clemson team. Most of them are in the NFL with our defensive guys. 5 a piece

Let's win a fucking NY6 on the West Coast (we are 0-2...embarrassing) before we talk about beating Clemson in the Orange Bowl or some shit
    Let's beat Cal at home before we talk about getting to another NY6 bowl and losing, and embarrassing the conference again or some shit
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Doog in me knows if we run the table and our only loss is a 1am game last second field goal to a 9-3 Cal we have a serious shot at the playoffs. tOSU lost an opening season head scratcher to Virginia tech the year they won it.

But if Cal is actually legit and keeps the tiebreaker at 1loss, this is seriously a BONEM type of season.

Pete needs to win that one.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2019
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

The Doog in me knows if we run the table and our only loss is a 1am game last second field goal to a 9-3 Cal we have a serious shot at the playoffs. tOSU lost an opening season head scratcher to Virginia tech the year they won it.

But if Cal is actually legit and keeps the tiebreaker at 1loss, this is seriously a BONEM type of season.

Pete needs to win that one.

I also thought this way after Auburn last year and it was all going as foreseen, then we strolled into Autzen at #7, shit the bed, and embarked on operation shitty rose bowl, which we were lucky to back into.

2 losses isn't winning the North this year.

Well, unless it does

I here your poont. . . .OSU ain't gonna win it and Stanford's out (with 2 losses) and WSU and UW have to win out.

One week into the conference schedule and we are down to two teams (and Cal is losing at least 2 games - they miss Colorado and Arizona).

A two loss team is outta the playoff, but I wouldn't necessarily say they won't win the north.

• Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    China? More like Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Let's win a fucking NY6 on the West Coast (we are 0-2...embarrassing) before we talk about beating Clemson in the Orange Bowl or some shit
    Let's beat Cal at home before we talk about getting to another NY6 bowl and losing, and embarrassing the conference again or some shit
    He’s not wrong.