Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deserves own thread

dnc said:

We plungered BYU at their place and we’re all pissed.

I love this place.

From a 10,000 foot level, Pete is amazing. Great at building the program, fostering a culture, developing talent. Excellent.

From the ground level when it comes down to gameday strategy, clock management, roster management, he is mediocre at best. And at worst a disaster that costs his team games. S/O to @TheChart.

His foundation of the program more often than not will bailout the poor gameday decision making, but it's that dichotomy which makes it all so fucking maddening even when we win 45-19 on the road against a decent team.

How can a guy be so detail oriented and laser focused in all aspects other than when it matters most on the field? How? It makes no sense, and that's what makes me rage.

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We've already proven that we can beat up teams like BYU who we clearly have more talent then. Petersen made his career beating up those teams at Boise. That's why the fearmongering about this game was FS (hi BTP).

He has not yet proven he can do it against a team with more talent and he has a chance to do that next week. I'm even willing to cut him some slack and say the cal loss at home was a fluke, and we were fucked by circumstances that literally could not have been worse, but only if he beats USC next week.

Before the season, the TSIO guys called this USC game the hurdle game of the season, and I think they're right. It's just a massive game for our program.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Oh, and token "starting" Puka just to troll and have him sit the rest of the game is a chicken shit move.

Absolutely correct.

I noticed a run play where Puka lined up on the wrong side of the formation, and it was confusion and the whole team telling him to switch sides. He looked lost. After that, I didn't see him again.

That said your senior WR drop 4 balls in one night and never get benched. Perhaps if you left the freshman in there longer he'd start figuring out the offense because he's getting experience.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I saw that assistant again with the boy band hair and aviators. Is he suppose to see the easy stuff for Pete? If so he fucking sucks.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

I love this place.

From a 10,000 foot level, Pete is amazing. Great at building the program, fostering a culture, developing talent. Excellent.

From the ground level when it comes down to gameday strategy, clock management, roster management, he is mediocre at best. And at worst a disaster that costs his team games. S/O to @TheChart.

His foundation of the program more often than not will bailout the poor gameday decision making, but it's that dichotomy which makes it all so fucking maddening even when we win 45-19 on the road against a decent team.

How can a guy be so detail oriented and laser focused in all aspects other than when it matters most on the field? How? It makes no sense, and that's what makes me rage.
    Who said Petersen vs Sitake will determine game entire week? Shhhhh pup:) the oline gave him some help
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

I love this place.

Who said Petersen vs Sitake will determine game entire week? Shhhhh pup:) the oline gave him some help
    Shut the fuck up. Dipshit.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

I love this place.

Do you want a medal? A cookie?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    The main game day issue with Pete is the offense by far. He either puts too much trust in the OC our he meddles too much and makes shit too complicated. I'm not sure which (or abundance) but the only time we've had a great offense is when Tedford was here.

Now this year is tough because our defense is struggling. At least compared to what we've seen the last few years. That being said, our defensive game day strategy has been spot in damn near every game.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Oh, and token "starting" Puka just to troll and have him sit the rest of the game is a chicken shit move.

Disagree, I loved the trolling.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Who got trolled other than #MyMagicFeather?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Who got trolled other than #MyMagicFeather?
    That was enough.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dhdawg said:

We've already proven that we can beat up teams like BYU who we clearly have more talent then. Petersen made his career beating up those teams at Boise. That's why the fearmongering about this game was FS (hi BTP).

He has not yet proven he can do it against a team with more talent and he has a chance to do that next week. I'm even willing to cut him some slack and say the cal loss at home was a fluke, and we were fucked by circumstances that literally could not have been worse, but only if he beats USC next week.

Before the season, the TSIO guys called this USC game the hurdle game of the season, and I think they're right. It's just a massive game for our program.

Fearmongering? If you couldn’t see the obvious sarcasm then I can’t help you