Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

GrundleGifskins: Hawaii

13»

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

FYFMFE

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/l5kTf1X.gif
    Idiot, has no idea where his feet are...again.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good gifs this time splitskin. I'm not used to seeing so much bad shit in them. The LBs look like dogshit, as does Baccellia. I'm surprised that I'm surprised.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Bowman caves rather easily, Manu runs himself out of the play, and Wellington attempts and misses and ankle tackle.

THEY ARE ALL SENIORS -- FYFMFE

Yeeugghhh

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/vltgw7R.gif
    I didn't even notice *REDACTED* in the play. Bowman at the very least is in the hole where the RB is trying to go but then can't defend against the jumpcut because he has a blocker on him. WTF was Wellington doing? He looks like he's waiting on the RB to step toward him instead of attacking the RB.
    Wellington is at least reacting how he should be if Bowman and Manu didn't flush themselves out of the play. He's not letting the RB get outside of him. The problem is that he didn't diagnose Bowman and Manu's fuck-ups quick enough to realize that it's him or nobody and he needs to attack. Physically he has the tools, but he just doesn't have the instincts to be an impact linebacker.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    Thump said:

Here's Lindquit's throw against Hawaii

Elite
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Bowman caves rather easily, Manu runs himself out of the play, and Wellington attempts and misses and ankle tackle.

THEY ARE ALL SENIORS -- FYFMFE

Yeeugghhh

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/vltgw7R.gif
    I didn't even notice *REDACTED* in the play. Bowman at the very least is in the hole where the RB is trying to go but then can't defend against the jumpcut because he has a blocker on him. WTF was Wellington doing? He looks like he's waiting on the RB to step toward him instead of attacking the RB.
    I'd have to put on the film [/pete] to see the formation wide camera left, but I have to think Wellington is doing what he's supposed to do here, sitting in the slant zone to prevent the RPO pass. He can't crash in until it's for sure a run. Honestly, the guy I'm most disappointed with is the guy who was supposed to be perhaps the best player on the defense: Levi. He gets put on skates immediately after the snap and turned around. Taimani plays this well, as does Tryon, so the whole left side is sound. Manu comes up and fills an imaginary gap to the left and completely takes himself out of the play for the second time in this drive.

Edit: Okay, I found the damned play and watched it. Was right about both Wellington and Onwuzurike. Maybe Levi is lunging pre-snap on purpose, but it sure looks to me like there's confusion as to what the line call is, Levi gets caught standing up at the snap and immediately washed out of the play, as does Bowman. It's definitely an RPO read, Wellington is caught in no man's land.

Manu fills a non-gap in the side of the line that's soundly winning, away from the side of the line who's a man down and soundly losing, and the rest is history.

The reality is that you have a five man box here to take on five blockers, a running back, and a quarterback who's threatening both pass and run. Only a completely incompetent offense can't gain eight yards on this play against that look. It's an extremely conservative defensive call in this situation, with pretty much an amazing play by a penetrating defensive tackle being the only prayer of stopping it before it hits the second level.
    TYFYS