Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Saban Plays "The Best Teams We Can Get To Play Us"

Nick Saban doesn’t want to hear you criticize the quality of opponents that Alabama has on its schedule. The Crimson Tide beat New Mexico State 62-10 on Saturday. The game was a week after New Mexico State, an independent team after parting ways with the Sun Belt, lost 58-7 at Washington State.

Following the blowout, which wasn’t a contest at the end of the first quarter, Saban was asked what his team could learn from playing a team at the bottom of the FBS ranks. That led to an intriguing answer from Saban, who flatly said at one point that “we’re playing the best teams that we can get to play us.”

“Why don’t you start calling around and see if you can get somebody else to play us and we’ll play them,” Saban said. “We’ll play anybody you can get to play us.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/nick-saban-after-52-point-win-over-new-mexico-state-were-playing-the-best-teams-that-we-can-get-to-play-us-002204454.html

We're getting the best teams that we can get to play us. We'll play anybody you can get to play us.

Shut the hell up liar, you won't cross the rockies to play anyone but a crappy USC team. Also shut up with your bitching about everything like you're constantly annoyed. It's not funny anymore. STFU and act like you enjoy the success for once, you ungrateful bitch.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I agree with you on this. Saban likes to indulge a bit on the whole grumpy asshole routine. He likes talking down to people and being a dickhead. It's obvious. The guy is a phenomenal football coach but probably not somebody I'd be interested in hanging around.

Totally agree it was funny for a while. But every time he starts ranting it feels like acting a little bit. I just think he enjoys making those scenes and the annoyance is somewhat disingenuous.

Talk the press for 15 minutes and shut up. You make a lot of money and the press and media is what makes what you do relevant and is the only thing that separates you from being a fucking PE teacher.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Any team in the country would do a home and home with Alabama
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

Saban is obviously scared to play quality preseason opponents, would rather pad the record with wins over scrub teams, then beat the only good team on their schedule, LSU, which sets them up for the playoffs. Same story every year.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2019

HuskyJW said:

Saban is obviously scared to play quality preseason opponents, would rather pad the record with wins over scrub teams, then beat the only good team on their schedule, LSU, which sets them up for the playoffs. Same story every year.
    Most absurd thing I’ve ever read here. Pump dude has some doozies but Bama “scared” to play quality teams takes the cake.

It’s fun for fans to “want Bama” til they step off the bus then the shits real. If someone has a “quality” team, who wants an L right off the fukn bat.

Sometimes these AD’s are a little smarter than the fans.

I’m not a Bama fan but I can promise, they ain’t “scared” of no college team on this content. Hell, SEC teams don’t wanna play em, but they have to. Much less a program with high hopes.

Better to try em in the playoffs if a program thinks they have a chance, but take an L early, home or away, and then lose a conference game or 2, and there goes a premium bowl game or a chance at the playoffs.

Washington and Oregon took that chance on a mid tier SEC team. Go ahead, schedule Bama.