Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Isaiah Stewart, 2019 5* C, (Committed) (There was never a doubt)

1161718192022»

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I think Stewart will win CPOY. He’s going to dominate at a level we haven’t seen.

Rather easily.

Jaden, Quade, and Naz are going to be so fucking good this year too. Best UW bball team of our lifetim!
    It won’t be as good as Roy’s junior or senior teams.
    I think it has the potential to be that good. I know that’s optimistic and there are a lot of “what if” questions, but I think they will be very good, potentially great.
    I agree the ceiling is as high or higher. The floor is a lot lower though.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I think Stewart will win CPOY. He’s going to dominate at a level we haven’t seen.

Rather easily.

Jaden, Quade, and Naz are going to be so fucking good this year too. Best UW bball team of our lifetim!
    I think it has the potential to be that good. I know that’s optimistic and there are a lot of “what if” questions, but I think they will be very good, potentially great.
    I agree the ceiling is as high or higher. The floor is a lot lower though.
    This class is going to have a massive impact on the story Hopkins' legacy tells
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Rather easily.

We also don’t have a retard of coach that will lose because of shit coaching
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,395
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Rather easily.

We also don’t have a retard of coach that will lose because of shit coaching
    B-Roy was an upper classmen and a HOF talent. Lots of gritty dudes on those UW teams, too. If this coming year's team is that good I'll be pleasantly surprised. I think they can make a Sweet 16 run, but not all Sweet 16 seasons are the same.
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This team has the better, best team ON PAPER in Pac 12, by the numbers, math, facts, etc.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Which freshmen are you most excited to watch this fall/winter? And which freshmen will have the biggest impact on their teams? — Shane H.

My answer probably is the same for both: I’m intrigued by the big guys. Who will be the best college player among the trio of James Wiseman, Isaiah Stewart and Vernon Carey? Wiseman probably has the most riding on him, in terms of cementing the Penny Hardaway era at Memphis in only the second year of said era. But we’ve wondered internally at The Athletic if Stewart won’t be the most productive college player out of all of them — not necessarily the best long-term pro or whatever, but just the most impactful guy at this level, this year.

I can see it only because Mike Hopkins will be absolutely fine playing one-in and four-out and running things through Stewart. Washington played that way with Noah Dickerson and it’s part of what enticed Stewart to hop on board. The Huskies just need outside shooting to keep defenses honest. Quade Green could help there when eligible, for sure. Jaden McDaniels — yes, he’s big, but he doesn’t necessarily play a “big” spot, so that’s why he’s not in this discussion — can also draw attention and space the floor a bit.

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Isaiah hanging with Quese at the game
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Reminder that we? are a basketball school this year
    true, its just football it's not like real life like basketball