Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2019

The loss was a shit loss any way you slice it, but I would've been less suicidal had it come in week 7 after a 6 - 0 start.

The difference being we'd* know what the team is, while also knowing weird shit happens. As it is, we! are a messy 0-1 team.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

The loss was a shit loss any way you slice it, but I would've been less suicidal had it come in week 7 after a 6 - 0 start.

The difference being we'd* know what the team is, while also knowing weird shit happens. As it is, we! are a messy 0-1 team.
    I still think we are capable of beating any team left on the schedule. But that's certainly not going to happen and it's going to be a messy year.

What what we know right now, I disagree. Not USC, Oregon, Utah, Stanford.

Things change all the tim. LIPO, etc.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,236
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I still think we are capable of beating any team left on the schedule. But that's certainly not going to happen and it's going to be a messy year.

I need more evidence before deciding if whether or not we are significant underdogs in all of those games. Sunday night was fucking weird man. We don't blame weather here at HH and I get that. It was still a bizarre setting.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,236
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I need more evidence before deciding if whether or not we are significant underdogs in all of those games. Sunday night was fucking weird man. We don't blame weather here at HH and I get that. It was still a bizarre setting.
    All we can actually judge upon is the one real game we've seen. And there was a shit ton of problems with that game. All I'm saying.
    I need to see how die kultur looks with 70,000 fans in Husky Stadium on a crisp fall afternoon for USC.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,419
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    uzi said:

They aren't wrong:

“Any top program can get caught on a given day, but the really elite programs don’t make it a trend. At Washington, it’s happened with regularity, so perhaps it’s time to stop expecting the Huskies to get back into the Playoff."

Wilner being a snarky fuck because he predicted the Cal win and is a Bay Area fag. WTBS, he may have a point.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

All we can actually judge upon is the one real game we've seen. And there was a shit ton of problems with that game. All I'm saying.
    I need to see how die kultur looks with 70,000 fans in Husky Stadium on a crisp fall afternoon for USC.
    Hüskie Stadium by torchlight really is triumphant.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Teams like Bama/Clemson/Ohio State have made it feel like unless you win every game until the playoff then the season was a failure. For pretty much every other team in the country, this isn’t a reality. Every team has a bad loss or two throughout the year and the really shitty ones a lot more. Sucks it was week 2 instead of week 7.

Don’t get me wrong that loss was bullshit and Pete needs to have shit thrown at him. The more concerning part for me is that we are suppose to have all these great young talented recruits coming up from the past couple classes and yet we are still playing mediocre flag football players at certain positions.

And some of the young talented one playing look more young than talented a lot of the tim.