Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This broke me... 7:30, can't do it any longer. Need sweat tent advice.

If last night wasn't a glaring 2x4 to the face for everyone in the conference, I don't know what will be to stop getting these 7:30 (non-Arizona) games. We told them 'no' on 9AM and we need to do the same for anything 6 and beyond. That being said;

I can't swing the inconvenience of season tickets and night games any longer. I have 3 great seats and 4 family members, leaving me always in need of someone to watch the one (or 2) left out. Last night was brutal for us. After seeing 4 7:30+ Pac12 night games it became very apparent that it isn't about us any longer, and quite frankly I have no idea who it is actually about because it is nobody connected to the conference out of the Pac12 offices.

How do you all do it? Do I just give up the $3K/yr (plus all other costs that go with it) and simply get one or 2 games and call it a day? I love the experience but absolutely HATE the 6pm+ experience. it's stupid and unnecessary. Night games used to be special, now they are practically the norm.

Do we hire some homeless people to protest outside the President's office at every Pac12 school until they force the change? Put OSU's president in a pit until they finally give up loyalty to the worst commish? Do I simply whore myself out to the ticket gods in hopes of decent seats x however many I need?

My little ones love games and I want to take them, but last night was the writing on the wall.

Fuck Larry Scott.
Fuck the Pac12
Fuck the UW President for allowing this.
Fuck the UW Athletic dept for not taking a stand like they easily did the 9am games.
Fuck getting home just before 3AM after leaving before the 4th qtr.

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    With this fan base, of the next 70 home games (10 years) 50 of them you can name your price on what you want to pay for tickets and sit anywhere you want on the Secondary market.

That leaves 10 where you will have to pay face value and 10 you will pay above.

The money you will save is a no brainer, but is very odd considering it's the greatest setting in college football so you wouldn't expect thousands of empty seats and tickets so readily available.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    I love PAC 12 after dark. Keep the night games. Screw the morning games. Mid-day games don't work when you're competing for attention with national marquee matchups like LSU vs (insert good ranked team).
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,967 Standard Supporter
    I feel your pain @Postal91. I’ve been on the razors’ edge of canceling my season tickets for many of the reasons you cited, plus many more I’ve listed out in other threads.

I don’t see anything changing though without something drastic cataclysmic happening.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

jecornel said:

The new era compares nothing to the yester years.

I should really be thankful for the rock'in home games in 90's and early 2000's. It will NEVER be repeated. Life's memories that trump most.

You mean mid 70s through early 2000s...

Those days are over.

Yes. That's what I meant. I'm jealous of those to fully experience that era. No mobile phones and your news was consumed by the paper.
  • Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,809
    jecornel said:

Yes. That's what I meant. I'm jealous of those to fully experience that era. No mobile phones and your news was consumed by the paper.

Part of me wishes we still had some black-outs, but that is the greedy stadium experience bastard in me.

Hey, hipsters, you can now watch Pac12 games of that school you went to while ironing your north face jacket and charging your Prius, all on your mobile device or refrigerator!

Fuck, what I'd give for even 11am-5pm game slots.

• digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,475
    I understand you can't control the weather, but the fact we? agreed to restart the game at 10:30 with nearly the entire game to be played is fucking moronic on our part. You lose home field advantage and the 15 game home winning streak ends... to fucking CAL.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,596
    digits said:

I understand you can't control the weather, but the fact we? agreed to restart the game at 10:30 with nearly the entire game to be played is fucking moronic on our part. You lose home field advantage and the 15 game home winning streak ends... to fucking CAL.

Coug potd,
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    digits said:

This.