Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Minor point. Field goal was kicked after a timeout with 20 seconds on the clock?

How did we end up with 8 seconds left after the field goal? Beyond that, WTF was Pete's possible time management strategy when cal was on the 1 yard line?

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,596

How did we end up with 8 seconds left after the field goal? Beyond that, WTF was Pete's possible time management strategy when cal was on the 1 yard line?

Pete didn't realize the clock started running on the ref's whistle after the review and let 8 seconds run off the clock before calling a timeout with 12 seconds left.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    Yeah, the refs set the ball and the clock started running. An extra 8 seconds post-kickoff would have made tings more chinteresting

FWIW I thought the PI call on the final drive was unwarranted. The replay showed the the receiver's arm being impeded, but really all he had to do was bend at the elbow a bit and free it
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,489
    I feel much better know knowing the PI call was horseshit as well.
    BearsWiin said:

Yeah, the refs set the ball and the clock started running. An extra 8 seconds post-kickoff would have made tings more chinteresting

FWIW I thought the PI call on the final drive was unwarranted. The replay showed the the receiver's arm being impeded, but really all he had to do was bend at the elbow a bit and free it

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Should have let Cal score when the WR caught the ball, but that’s hard to teach. I’m not gonna harp too much on clock management when we were that sloppy on offense and got completely manhandled on defense.