Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bernie comes up with a novel way to deal with Global Warming

2»

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Supplying generic birth control(not abortions) to developing nations both raises their economic output per capita and reduces the birth rate. It solves multiple problems all at once very easily with few moral objections. It's a policy no brainer.

Bernie attempted a two for one by conflating this with "women's rights to abortions".

Stupid fucking move you only do when you live in an ideological echo chamber.

Why should it be the responsibility of the USA to provide birth control to other nations?
    It's not our responsibility but it's a very cheap way to stabilize regions that otherwise tend to cause us problems in other ways.
    I'm ok with that, if the politicians pay for it. Enact a politician tax to fund their wasteful pet projects. They can pay for it out of their own salaries.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Supplying generic birth control(not abortions) to developing nations both raises their economic output per capita and reduces the birth rate. It solves multiple problems all at once very easily with few moral objections. It's a policy no brainer.

Bernie attempted a two for one by conflating this with "women's rights to abortions".

Why should it be the responsibility of the USA to provide birth control to other nations?
    It's not our responsibility but it's a very cheap way to stabilize regions that otherwise tend to cause us problems in other ways.
    I'm ok with that, if the politicians pay for it. Enact a politician tax to fund their wasteful pet projects. They can pay for it out of their own salaries.
    The politicians salaries! That’s the REAL problem today.

Yikes...
  • Options

Yikes...
    These clowns work about 2 months out of the year, if you factor in all the 'breaks' they take. Shave their salaries by 75%.
  • Options

Yikes...
    These clowns work about 2 months out of the year, if you factor in all the 'breaks' they take. Shave their salaries by 75%.
    Yes, let’s increase their dependence on lobbyists and campaign donations.

Brilliant.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I’m sorry, are you saying we can sustain the current rate of population growth? The same folks that think 11 million Mexicans will ruin our country think we can keep this up? Cmon.

40 million. They've said 11 million forever. Do you think they stopped sneaking in? Current estimate 22 to 40 million.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    You could always go with reducing the size, scope and power of the Federal government so that there isn't the incentive lobby the Federal government. Always amazes me when people who support a massive and all powerful Federal government are shocked when people spend money trying to curry favor with that government.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

I’m sorry, are you saying we can sustain the current rate of population growth? The same folks that think 11 million Mexicans will ruin our country think we can keep this up? Cmon.

40 million. They've said 11 million forever. Do you think they stopped sneaking in? Current estimate 22 to 40 million.
    11 million is the number OBK keeps quoting. I trust his expertise.

Besides, how could anymore be getting in? Surely, dear leader has secured the border by now...or does he need more tim???
  • Options

Sledog said:

Besides, how could anymore be getting in? Surely, dear leader has secured the border by now...or does he need more tim???
    They've been saying 11 million for a few decades I think. Lots have come since then. Made up number.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

They've been saying 11 million for a few decades I think. Lots have come since then. Made up number.
    Take it up with OBK, man. I’m just playing along. I mean, imagine being as mad as he is about immigration and having the fundamental facts completely wrong. Fucking embarrassing is what that is.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

*illegal

We are in year 3 of the program. Has he secured the border or not?
  • Options

*illegal

Just needs funding and less lawsuits about every decision he makes. I remember the right doing that to Obama don't you?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

*illegal

No

He's not a dictator

Coaches dont need to get Congress to pay for their players

• Options

*illegal

No

He's not a dictator

ROFL.

He had both the House and the Senate for 2 years. A real halfbrain wouldn’t be interested in excuses, just results.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Agree.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

*illegal

No

He's not a dictator

ROFL.

He had both the House and the Senate for 2 years. A real halfbrain wouldn’t be interested in excuses, just results.
    I am

Who can we get that's better?

The GOP sucks. Hope this helps

The alternative is worse
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Until they militarize and start shooting on sight I am not satisfied.
  • Options

*illegal

No

He's not a dictator

ROFL.

I am

The alternative is worse

*illegal

No

He's not a dictator

ROFL.

I am

The alternative is worse
    Have I told you about my fren Andrew Yang??? #Future