Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

MJ Tafisi was a 3 star?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4257357/5a17d6080c53d82738508e31

247/ESPN/Rivals... get your heads out of the collective asshole that is Southern California and visit a few other places. And no, a camp in SoCal that features players from other places doesn't count.

I'm surprised he didn't kill someone at the HS level.

Comments

• Options
    HonestDonHonestDon Member Posts: 97
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    Hey

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4257357/5a17d6080c53d82738508e31

247/ESPN/Rivals... get your heads out of the collective asshole that is Southern California and visit a few other places. And no, a camp in SoCal that features players from other places doesn't count.

I'm surprised he didn't kill someone at the HS level.

Utah has become a gold mine of prep football talent. I love that we are recruiting well in the state. Keep that Poly pipeline flowing!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Was his JR tape as good as his Sr?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I remember watching his highlights for either junior or senior year and thinking he clearly stood out. Dude plays like he is being shot out of a cannon every play. Then I remember the TBS board saying he was “meh” which I had no idea why. Usually when I watch highlights for recruits I can’t really tell anything but his tape was different.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I remember watching his highlights for either junior or senior year and thinking he clearly stood out. Dude plays like he is being shot out of a cannon every play. Then I remember the TBS board saying he was “meh” which I had no idea why. Usually when I watch highlights for recruits I can’t really tell anything but his tape was different.

Outside of Rapp, the TBS cronies and their projections have been "meh."

• Options
    MisterEm said:

Amandre Williams tho
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Different different?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Meh...hope he speeds up a bit. He looked slow to me.

Don't think he's bad, but don't think he's going to be tearing it up for 4 years. The ILBs as a whole didn't impress to me...they and Salvon were my biggest concerns coming out of the game.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,578
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

MisterEm said:

Nah they've been really good at identifying good players. When they like somebody that player is far more likely to be good than not.

Where they've struggled, sometimes badly, is with the guys they hate. Tons of those guys have turned out to be good or better.
    Disagree
  • Options

Don't think he's bad, but don't think he's going to be tearing it up for 4 years. The ILBs as a whole didn't impress to me...they and Salvon were my biggest concerns coming out of the game.

The guy flashed multiple times in his first real playing time. And he’s a freshman. He has FOUR YEARS of eligibility. This is a good indicator that he will be a stud.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    HonestDon said:

The guy flashed multiple times in his first real playing time. And he’s a freshman. He has FOUR YEARS of eligibility. This is a good indicator that he will be a stud.
    Maybe, but the problem is we need him this week. I'm not worried about 2 years from now. Our ILBs were Manu (leading LB tackler this game...'nuff said), Wellington (who started and got a total of 2 tackles...that scares me), Tafisi (who had some crunching tackles but missed on some standard plays and looked slow doing it), and Sirmon (who looked like a RSFreshman out there).

If you are looking for the weakest link in our D I'd point there.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    MisterEm said:

They not major league that bat 1.000
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered the TSIO guys being high on Tafisi. They said if he was 2 inches taller then Bammer would be all over him because of his play style. He just got screwed on the height but would be a good player for us.
    That's what I recall.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019
    HonestDon said:

Fyi, i said he'd be starting after spring ball. But what does 3-star have to do with it? Most teams in top 20 recruit a majoity 3 stars, on average. Your point on #53?

If bama played 9 games, in at least an average conference, and played a home and home (only fbs program who doesnt) youd see 3 stars kicking the shit out of bama's 4-5 stars. IOW, the star system is a laugher. Has been for 20 years.

#53 also missed a lot of plays. Manu's days are numbered, , but tafisi needs more games under belt b4 starting, vs real competition. As i said in spring, Cal can beat UW. Theyll attack our backers and young secondary AND have the defense to stay in game
  • Options

HonestDon said:

Fyi, i said he'd be starting after spring ball. But what does 3-star have to do with it? Most teams in top 20 recruit a majoity 3 stars, on average. Your point on #53?

If bama played 9 games, in at least an average conference, and played a home and home (only fbs program who doesnt) youd see 3 stars kicking the shit out of bama's 4-5 stars. IOW, the star system is a laugher. Has been for 20 years.

#53 also missed a lot of plays. Manu's days are numbered, , but tafisi needs more games under belt b4 starting, vs real competition. As i said in spring, Cal can beat UW. Theyll attack our backers and young secondary AND have the defense to stay in game
    Not sure why you’re responding to my post...I made no point about Tafisi in regards to his star rating.

Good call on him coming out of spring ball.

Struggling to unpack what you’re saying about Bama but the star system is useful when looking at a team’s aggregate talent. The teams with the most blue chip talent are the teams winning championships.

I hope you’re wrong about Cal successfully attacking our defense. If that dreadful Cal offense can do it, it’s going to be a long season.

Interesting little factoid about Bama’s schedule. Are they really the only team without non-conference home and homes?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered the TSIO guys being high on Tafisi. They said if he was 2 inches taller then Bammer would be all over him because of his play style. He just got screwed on the height but would be a good player for us.
    IIRC they were down on him initially then came around on him in a big way.