Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

[Sonics] Jeff van Gundy tells it like it is

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    http://www.thunderfans.com/vforum/index.php

vBulletin Message
    Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

I've never been to that website; are they just blanket-banning Seattle IPs? How insecure can a fanbase be?
  • Mike Breen is a fucking cock gobbler. I miss when Marv Albert doing the NBA finals.

Breen has always been shitty and ESPN/ABC just sucks at covering the NBA.
  • Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

WTF?! I've never poasted on their shitty ass site too. What a bunch of insecure COCKEATERS!
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Maybe someone poasted a 5 reasons that hit them too hard.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    Seattle deserves an NBA team. It's FS for a city with the 14th (I think) largest market not to have a team. That said, a lot of people came out of the woodwork as Sonics diehards when they left. The support was not all that great before and there is some revisionist history going on.

A friend of my dad's had season tickets during Durant's first year. He would always give the tickets away because he, like many others, did not want to watch shitty basketball. I went to probably 15 games that season to watch Durant and All Stars from other teams. Most of them were played in a half full arena. The year before that wasn't pretty either. After the George Karl years, people were lukewarm about the Sonics, even when they surprised in 2004-2005.
  • SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Seattle deserves an NBA team. It's FS for a city with the 14th (I think) largest market not to have a team. That said, a lot of people came out of the woodwork as Sonics diehards when they left. The support was not all that great before and there is some revisionist history going on.

A friend of my dad's had season tickets during Durant's first year. He would always give the tickets away because he, like many others, did not want to watch shitty basketball. I went to probably 15 games that season to watch Durant and All Stars from other teams. Most of them were played in a half full arena. The year before that wasn't pretty either. After the George Karl years, people were lukewarm about the Sonics, even when they surprised in 2004-2005.

The fans were definitely lukewarm during McMillan era, but the team was exceptionally shitty the last 3 years after their 52-30 season.

It's hard to fault fans for not wanting to spend money on a dreckfest team. A lot of half brains here think real support comes from not spending money on a shitty management group in hopes they LEAVE when the money stops coming in and are replaced by someone else, and I can't say I disagree.

Unfortunately the dynamic was different in this case and they left with the team. The fans were really fucked in any case, Bennett was sabotaging the team and Stern was right there with him helping the cause.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2014
    The more I just think about it the more fs the nba looks in this thing.
    There are good markets like Seattle Kansas City cincinatti St. Louis etc.
    Meanwhile stern kept trying this backwards financial model that has teams in Sacramento Oklahoma City Charlotte Memphis etc, and all of them are disasters.
    The league also has watered down their talent and needs to contract/relocate like 5 twams
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

Meanwhile stern kept trying this backwards financial model that has teams in Sacramento Oklahoma City Charlotte Memphis etc, and all of them are disasters.
    The league also has watered down their talent and needs to contract/relocate like 5 twams

dhdawg is on puppy's meds in this thread.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

line

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/02/charles-barkley-i-cannot-believe-how-bad-the-nba-is/1 Sir Charles says it how it is, the nba besides 4 teams is a garbage product, admit it
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/02/charles-barkley-i-cannot-believe-how-bad-the-nba-is/1 Sir Charles says it how it is, the nba besides 4 teams is a garbage product, admit it

I agree. I'd contract the NBA down to 20 teams, maybe even 16.

Your post was just brutal to read though.
  • dhdawg said:

dhdawg is on puppy's meds in this thread.
    disagree with your disagree.