Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Talking Husky Football with Kyle Benn

Comments

• Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tui's pic was gone so I thought we switched servers again.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Talking Dawgs.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    ... 9 wins Kyle ... ??

That would mean 5-4 in conference again ... No can do ...

Win the first four and a minimum of 6-3 in conference .. That is minimal progress .. But it would be progress.

Kyle anchored a great o-line!!
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2014
    He was great on The Voice. Any insights about Cee Lo? What's with his tiny hands?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    10 wins is the bare bones minimum. I think 11 or 12 are the benchmark for celebrating and dooging it up. Obviously, Peterman will get a few more years if he wins 7 or 8, but I will be pissed off, and skeptical of him if that happens. Too many coaches have came in and won for me to buy it takes 3-4 years for a new coach to do his thing. If you take over a disastrous situation that may be true, but this is a team that has plenty of talent and experience.

If we had no highly rated QB's or were relying on a true freshman, 9 wins might be acceptable, but we have 3 four star QB's that all have 1-2 years of experience. At least one of those guys should play at a high level. Benn is a former lineman. He talks about being pleased with the OL in 2013, but forgets to later mention that all 5 starters will be back. He only mentions the "star" QB (Very debatable), star RB, and star TE being gone. The whole front 7 on D is back as well. Games are won up front, and this year we should have the best OL and DL since 2000.

I also don't get why he would be mad at Sark. The USC job is a better job to 95% of coaches. Not to mention Sark is from Torrance. I don't blame him at all for taking it, and I wouldn't have even if he was a great coach for us.

I respect our former players and maybe I am just stubborn with my opinions on football, but some of these players don't seem to get it. From Jamal Fountain's opinion that Oregon is good because of the stability of assistants, to Beno Bryant talking about Peterman needing to put UW alums on the staff, to Benn saying 9 wins would be good.. These guys sound like doogs.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    While he did say that Sark was dead to him, he said he was angry that we had to start all over, not that he was angry at Sark.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

While he did say that Sark was dead to him, he said he was angry that we had to start all over, not that he was angry at Sark.

In no way is this starting over.

Gilby was a starting over. Same with Ty.

I don't even put Sark in that category because we all knew there was enough talent to compete for a bowl game right away.

But what worried me before Petersen was hired is that there was the chance it would be starting over if we didn't get Mora or Petersen. Nussmeier = starting over.

Sark was the transition hire, Petersen is the guy to take us back to the top. We are taking things to the next level, not starting over.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm mad at Sark be aide he is a lazy dude Brah that could have had us in the hunt the last 4 years if he had paid any attention to details ...

Agree with RoadDawg69 said...

Pat Haden is an accidental hero to me ..

... Oh yeah ...

FY,FM,FE
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I am so thankful to Pat Haden for saving us and saving the Washington Program millions of dollars in likely buy-out costs that I'd put him on my Adult Film Star Mt. Rushmore for shooting Peter North-like ropes all over the faces of USC's fan-base.

I'm mad at Sark be aide he is a lazy dude Brah that could have had us in the hunt the last 4 years if he had paid any attention to details ...

... Oh yeah ...

FY,FM,FE

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

... Oh yeah ...

FY,FM,FE

Pat Haden is karmic paypack for Babs Hedges. I love Pat Haden.

• Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    edited February 2014
    Do I know for certain? Of course not. I'm pretty certain Petersen is a home run, way out of the park.

If we had a few more linemen (thanks Cream Puff) I'd expect a conference championship in the next two years. It may take three or four depending on what happens in Westwood. And yeah, 10 - 3 this year should be expected.

UCLA and Washington are the new super powers.
  • Options
    Benn is kind of a doog so I'm not surprised.

Best OL we've had in the past decade plus but I don't put much weight into what he has to say.