Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Stanford has one of the best Home field advantages ... how is this?

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Stanford is very tough to beat at home, boasting one of the best records in CFB in home games versus top 25 opponents* . Some of this is attributable to them having a consistently strong team but their HFA is even above average for good programs.

We also know no one actually comes to Stanford games. So how the fuck is this possible?

Well, here's my theory. Stanford is used to playing at home in front of a sparse crowd and a quiet one at that. The visiting teams are not used to this, especially not top 25 teams. They are used to playing road games in raucous environments in front of loud, drunken intense fans. Since they get none of that at Stanford, it throws the visitors off. It's an uncomfortable environment for good visiting teams because it doesn't feel like a big game.

For Stanford it feels like every other home game they have, except maybe a bit more energetic because the fans they do have are slightly more into it and there are slightly more of them.

So for Stanford it's comfortable and a bit exciting, for the visitors it's uncomfortable and feels very flat.

And Stanford takes care of business.

This is my theory, and why Pete needs to bring out a caged mime in practice during Tree week.

Thanks for reading.

*Citation needed* (fuck off, I read it in a tweet and can't find it now, just go with me.)

Comments