Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The UW Doog Pod Season 2 Episode 1 We're Back!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So they didn't put 8 in the box but the safeties cheated up and defenses could stay in man at cb.

Different nit, same problem.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tl,dr the offense sucks

Hey, a lot of people keep a flask in their desk at work. I keep Hardcore Husky.

So they didn't put 8 in the box but the safeties cheated up and defenses could stay in man at cb.

Different nit, same problem.

No, different problem, as people think changing the quarterback will magically open up running lanes this coming season.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alright, I went back and read it. Good chit. I will say that I mentioned this on the pood that I believed that it wasn't just deep throws but horizontal throws as well that would help the run game. All those screen passes we hated when Smith was OC all of a sudden aren't so bad when you have a QB that can get it out quickly...and when you have WR's that aren't charmin soft blockers.

ex.

"Ahmed should beat Weaver to the sideline... Ahmed has to wait for the pass to get there, which allows Weaver to get there at pretty much the same time, and he and the unblocked corner make the TFL while Ty Jones watches and feels bad."
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Alright, I went back and read it. Good chit. I will say that I mentioned this on the pood that I believed that it wasn't just deep throws but horizontal throws as well that would help the run game. All those screen passes we hated when Smith was OC all of a sudden aren't so bad when you have a QB that can get it out quickly...and when you have WR's that aren't charmin soft blockers.

ex.

"Ahmed should beat Weaver to the sideline... Ahmed has to wait for the pass to get there, which allows Weaver to get there at pretty much the same time, and he and the unblocked corner make the TFL while Ty Jones watches and feels bad."

We are definitely on the same page now. All I'm trying to say is that defenses weren't stacking the box, so QB change will have little if any effect on the running game, but better blocking and scheming upfront would. Higher velocity/quicker release (both throwing motion and recognition and green light) will help the short and intermediate passing game for the exact reasons you point out above.

Everybody recognized that a lid was being put on the offense, I just disagree on what the improvement will look like when that lid is taken off.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Get a fucking yeti you cheap ass hoes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Get a fucking yeti you cheap ass hoes

Everyone else is still going to sound like shit.