Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Makell Esteen, 2020 3* DB, Lawndale (HS), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

So he's a decent athlete who will play sound and he's got great ballhawking skills.

Sounds like a UW DB

He's right up there with Covington as the best DB in the class. I might like him more. He's going to be elite in this program. I love him.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

The star ratings based on NFL projection shit is so dumb

I know. When did that shit get written into the method? They're supposed to project them for college. I guess that's harder?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Biggins:

He does, he's a high 3 right now with an 89 rating. I don't love him as an athlete, that's the only reservation, he doesn't run that great so this is one of those rankings where he would be a 4 if we based it on college success but as an NFL draft pick, it makes it harder. The fact that he's going to UW with Jimmy Lake makes us want to bump him because of how much success he has had getting his guys drafted. We don't like to factor that in because there's no way of knowing how long a coach will be at a certain school. It's more a case where if we like a player a lot and feel he's deserving of a bump, knowing said player is going somewhere that we know does a great job developing players helps us feel good about the decision.

By that definition shouldn’t they be taking stars away from USC, UCLA, and Oregon commits?

This gif is like tripping on acid. I love it. Cant stop looking.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

dnc said:

The star ratings based on NFL projection shit is so dumb

I know. When did that shit get written into the method? They're supposed to project them for college. I guess that's harder?
    It must be a 247 thing. Scout, for all it's flaws, never did that shit.

It's completely asinine.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

6 TDs on offense at WR, with 19 career INT’s but SAC doesn’t think he’s good enough to play Corner?

Fair play.

All is fair, right, @LaMichael_Corleone?

Then why is #MyMFinFig not good enough to play RB at UW, again? What MWC school should he transfer to?

Montana State's RB room is full by the way.

Maybe @ApostleofGrief's CWU will have room next year.

$12.95/mo, please.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Snoop going bald as fuck. Don’t get that, he can afford bosley. Pours like me can’t, I priced that shit.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wish ballz was here for an official height analysis

Snoop is listed online as 6’4”.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

(Self reported)
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Andre Nickatina is a skinny 6'5.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Andre Nickatina is a skinny 6'5.
    Once wbet to Andre Nickatina in Pullman in 4/20. He got arrested and didn’t show. CSB
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

One player Husky fans do not need to worry about as far as his commitment to Washington is Lawndale (Ca.) DB Makell Esteen.

One day after Chris Petersen's sudden resignation, Esteen spoke to Dawgman.com and said while the news caught him off guard, he knows the program is in the right hands.

"At first, I was like 'what is going on?', but after a little bit, I talked to coach (Jimmy) Lake and to coach (Will) Harris and they told me what was going on and not to be worried and that the direction of the program is still on the way up," Esteen said. "Obviously, I have gotten to know coach Lake really well throughout the process and coach Harris too, those are my guys, and I think coach Lake is going to be a great coach and I am excited about being part of their future."

Esteen had dabbled with a few other schools, thinking about his choice of where to spend the next four or five years, but he said it really came down to one thing, relationships.

"The relationships I have with the people there, the coaches, the players, that's what really sold me on being a Husky," Esteen said. "I love the tradition there, but a lot of schools have great traditions and programs go up and down with wins and losses, stuff like that, so when you're choosing a school to sign with, it's about football obviously, but it's about a lot more and I think that's what separates a guy who signs with Washington from other guys.

"We sign up for it all -- school, development, football, brotherhood -- and I just don't think there's any place better than Washington at offering the whole package.

"Like I said, I am excited about the future there and I can't wait to get up there to get to work and win a championship."

As a senior this past season, Esteen helped lead Lawndale to the second round of the CIF state championships and he said he could tell the difference in how he played this season compared to his junior campaign.

"My mobility, my reads, my explosiveness, they were all much better this season," Esteen said. "I played with confidence and I felt like I was a leader for my team and we did some great things together."

Esteen and his friend and teammate, Elijah Jackson, are both set to sign with Washington on December 18th and he had a message for Husky fans.

"We got this," Esteen said. "Coach Pete is a great man and a great coach, so he'll be missed, but coach Lake and the staff there is great and they'll do well and my class, we're expecting championships, so be excited about the future."

Esteen was rated three-stars and received a 0.8714 in the 247Composite as a safety.

He'll be used as a slot/safety once he gets to campus this summer.

He’s going to end up as an outside corner lol.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

One player Husky fans do not need to worry about as far as his commitment to Washington is Lawndale (Ca.) DB Makell Esteen.

One day after Chris Petersen's sudden resignation, Esteen spoke to Dawgman.com and said while the news caught him off guard, he knows the program is in the right hands.

"At first, I was like 'what is going on?', but after a little bit, I talked to coach (Jimmy) Lake and to coach (Will) Harris and they told me what was going on and not to be worried and that the direction of the program is still on the way up," Esteen said. "Obviously, I have gotten to know coach Lake really well throughout the process and coach Harris too, those are my guys, and I think coach Lake is going to be a great coach and I am excited about being part of their future."

Esteen had dabbled with a few other schools, thinking about his choice of where to spend the next four or five years, but he said it really came down to one thing, relationships.

"The relationships I have with the people there, the coaches, the players, that's what really sold me on being a Husky," Esteen said. "I love the tradition there, but a lot of schools have great traditions and programs go up and down with wins and losses, stuff like that, so when you're choosing a school to sign with, it's about football obviously, but it's about a lot more and I think that's what separates a guy who signs with Washington from other guys.

"We sign up for it all -- school, development, football, brotherhood -- and I just don't think there's any place better than Washington at offering the whole package.

"Like I said, I am excited about the future there and I can't wait to get up there to get to work and win a championship."

As a senior this past season, Esteen helped lead Lawndale to the second round of the CIF state championships and he said he could tell the difference in how he played this season compared to his junior campaign.

"My mobility, my reads, my explosiveness, they were all much better this season," Esteen said. "I played with confidence and I felt like I was a leader for my team and we did some great things together."

Esteen and his friend and teammate, Elijah Jackson, are both set to sign with Washington on December 18th and he had a message for Husky fans.

"We got this," Esteen said. "Coach Pete is a great man and a great coach, so he'll be missed, but coach Lake and the staff there is great and they'll do well and my class, we're expecting championships, so be excited about the future."

Esteen was rated three-stars and received a 0.8714 in the 247Composite as a safety.

He'll be used as a slot/safety once he gets to campus this summer.

He’s going to end up as an outside corner lol.
    He's definitely plenty good enough to. I still think he'll end up the clear top DB from this class, even with Covington.