Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ayden Hector, 2020 4* CB, Sammamish (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

As far as his communication with the Husky coaching staff, Hector has been in regular contact with Jimmy Lake and Will Harris with both coaches continuing to build on top of what is already a strong relationship.

"I was there for their camp and then we did the barbecue as well," Hector said. "It was a great time getting to meet with the coaches and spend time around the other recruits that were there. We all had a great time."

As a junior last season for Eastside Catholic, Hector wound up with 45 tackles, three tackles-for-loss, two sacks and three interceptions to go along with eight pass breakups.

"It's hard to believe it's almost over," Hector said when asked about his senior seasons getting ready to get started. "We've all worked so hard together and fought together so we're focused on making this our best season."

Hector said he's planning to make a his commitment during the season.

ITB
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I though he wanted a big production and was waiting to make his commitment in front of the cameras at the poly bowl?
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    For some reason I dont feel like Hector is in the bag. I want him badly but this feels hard and I dont understand why.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    Penace said:

For some reason I dont feel like Hector is in the bag. I want him badly but this feels hard and I dont understand why.

I actually feel differently... this feels like a kid who isn't publicly promoting his recruiting process so maybe he's just taking it seriously and keeping it personal...and, if as i suspect, he doesn't return calls to teen boi stalkers, then nobody would know what he's thinking.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    What About Ayden Hector?

That's really the big question at this point.

From what I know of the situation, and I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things with Hector, it sounds like USC, Stanford and UW are the schools he's still considering.

USC has been where he had been leaning, but Stanford appears to be in the catbird seat right now. Washington is and will remain there, but we've heard they are third at this point. Part of why he hasn't made a decision at this point is because it sounds like USC may not have been ready to take his commitment.

I like Hector. He's always been great to talk to and he's a good player, but I'm just not sold about how his talent translates to college football.

Obviously Washington likes him and that's all that really matters, but honestly, I am a much bigger fan of Jackson than I am Hector, regardless of the fact that Hector is a local kid with ties to a very important program for the Huskies in the future.

If Jackson decides to come back around and commit to Washington here in the next week or two, I would suspect that they would be done and likely wouldn't have a spot for Hector.

I do know there are couple more defensive backs that the Huskies are keeping track of, but they aren't worth talking about at this point.

Patience will be needed as things sort themselves out as far as the secondary recruiting is concerned.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

What About Ayden Hector?

From what I know of the situation, and I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things with Hector, it sounds like USC, Stanford and UW are the schools he's still considering.

USC has been where he had been leaning, but Stanford appears to be in the catbird seat right now. Washington is and will remain there, but we've heard they are third at this point. Part of why he hasn't made a decision at this point is because it sounds like USC may not have been ready to take his commitment.

I like Hector. He's always been great to talk to and he's a good player, but I'm just not sold about how his talent translates to college football.

Obviously Washington likes him and that's all that really matters, but honestly, I am a much bigger fan of Jackson than I am Hector, regardless of the fact that Hector is a local kid with ties to a very important program for the Huskies in the future.

If Jackson decides to come back around and commit to Washington here in the next week or two, I would suspect that they would be done and likely wouldn't have a spot for Hector.

I do know there are couple more defensive backs that the Huskies are keeping track of, but they aren't worth talking about at this point.

Patience will be needed as things sort themselves out as far as the secondary recruiting is concerned.

Ruth?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    dnc said:

What About Ayden Hector?

Ruth?
    Eklund
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Dennis seems to think we take Jackson and Hector has lost his spot.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    dhdawg said:

Sure.

But stringing along a kid will commit now in order to wait on another kid who might commit later at some unknown point is not really a Petersen move. Especially if they are similar caliber players

My take as well. Petersen’s been as patient in this as he can be and no doubt has been very clear and honest with Hector.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Can this little angel just commit already? Jimmy and Will have to concentrate on throwing dubs up for Smalls, Banks, and Carlton.