Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We Are Finally Understood And Appreciated

Comments

• Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I haven't looked at our S&P+ history; are two of Lambright's teams really thought of as that much better than Tui's Rose Bowl team?

It looks like the two would be Dillon's one year, followed by the injury bug year that ended with mashing Saban in Hawaii?
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    What until @TheChart sees this?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Mad_Son said:

New board motto?

They'll cut you real fast. That fits.
    So does "Rock bottom, and then a rebound."

Sounds like the football team's history as well as most of HH's poasters.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    Standard Supporter
    I guess I'll go research S&P+ myself.
    I read what was typed above, and some of it made me roll my eyes. The best teams win. Tui's Rose Bowl team won.

At some point if we're saying the teams that didn't win jack shit are rated better in some mysterious scoring system than Rose Bowl -winning teams, why play the games?

I was in school at the time; I fucking know how great a couple those 90's teams could have been.
    Could have been = weren't
    IGetSoFuckingIrritated.gif
    Cheers--
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TommySQC said:

I haven't looked at our S&P+ history; are two of Lambright's teams really thought of as that much better than Tui's Rose Bowl team?

It looks like the two would be Dillon's one year, followed by the injury bug year that ended with mashing Saban in Hawaii?

Lambright had enough talent to go to at least 1 or 2 Rose Bowls. He would have a couple real head scratching loses each year. Yeah the sanctions had an effect on depth when injuries hit but he used that excuse as a crutch too many times.

My thought on the 2000 team is that it was done a little with smoke and mirrors. They weren’t dominant but just kept winning. It’s also a testament to just how good Tui’s leadership was- he willed that team to a Rose Bowl win.
    If by "smoke and mirrors" you mean one of the best QBs in conference and program history, a great O line and a solid defense anchored by one of the best defensive linemen and possibly the best corner in program history, then I'm with you.
    Anthony Vonture? #RIP
    Yes. 6'0. Super quick twitch and speedy. Physical tackler. Could press like a mother fucker and stick. And could come off the corner and blitz the QB.

Great player. Could have have a great NFL career but struggled with mental illness.