Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Rome Odunze, 2020 4* WR, Las Vegas (Bishop Gorman), NV (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Someone explain what that means to me like I haven't seen a superhero movie since the first Iron Man.

dnc said:

Someone explain what that means to me like I haven't seen a superhero movie since the first Iron Man.

This is basically me except swap out Iron Man for Avengers.

Superhero movies are for suckers

Someone explain what that means to me like I haven't seen a superhero movie since the first Iron Man Batman Begins.

I can't wait for these shitty movies to fall out of favor.
    You all sound old and/or gay.
    New bored motto?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Yaaaaaaay! We got Rome!
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:

dawgs206 said:

Rome blew up in the months after his Opening regional and various underwear olympic events. He ran a 4.55 with a 4.00 shuttle (fastest shuttle at his regional) at 6'2.5". I see the speed while watching his film. His shuttle is a little surprising because he seems more fast than quick and isn't completely fluid out of breaks.

He also missed most of his sophomore year with an injury so this was his first full year on varsity. If he continues to learn the route tree and can build mass, he'll be a baller.

He's a perfect compliment to the other young WR's on the roster, even if he needs a little time to develop. One thing (among others) we've been missing the past few years is a WR that can take the top off the defense. Rome fills that.

100 meters:
    10.67 - Same PR as Jalen McMillan

200 meters:
    21.25 (McMillan's PR is 21.64, which is faster than Puka, Spiker, and Osborne)

And I like him more than just his track times. He's a long, fast WR that is coming into his own as a player. His floor isn't as high as McMillan's, but he has a similar ceiling.

jesus fucking christ...you basement dwelling losers who analyze players like you've ever held a ball that wasn't inside your own scrotum.

LanceArmstrongDawg, true?!!1?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    guntlove said:

Meek said:

dawgs206 said:

Rome blew up in the months after his Opening regional and various underwear olympic events. He ran a 4.55 with a 4.00 shuttle (fastest shuttle at his regional) at 6'2.5". I see the speed while watching his film. His shuttle is a little surprising because he seems more fast than quick and isn't completely fluid out of breaks.

He also missed most of his sophomore year with an injury so this was his first full year on varsity. If he continues to learn the route tree and can build mass, he'll be a baller.

He's a perfect compliment to the other young WR's on the roster, even if he needs a little time to develop. One thing (among others) we've been missing the past few years is a WR that can take the top off the defense. Rome fills that.

100 meters:
    10.67 - Same PR as Jalen McMillan

200 meters:
    21.25 (McMillan's PR is 21.64, which is faster than Puka, Spiker, and Osborne)

And I like him more than just his track times. He's a long, fast WR that is coming into his own as a player. His floor isn't as high as McMillan's, but he has a similar ceiling.

jesus fucking christ...you basement dwelling losers who analyze players like you've ever held a ball that wasn't inside your own scrotum.

LanceArmstrongDawg, true?!!1?
    JohnKrukDawg says “hurtful”
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019

Superhero movies are for suckers

I too don't enjoy having a couple hours of mindless fun

Good lord dude, I bet you're fun at parties
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Junior Adams turned Cooper kupp into a legit nfl threat from Eastern Washington, imagine what he's going to do with odunze/McMillan, brb cleaning the nut off my phone
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bigcc said:

Junior Adams turned Cooper kupp into a legit nfl threat from Eastern Washington, imagine what he's going to do with odunze/McMillan, brb cleaning the nut off my phone

I like them both, but Kupp is a fringe Pro Bowl WR. Chances are they won’t be that good.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Committed to: Washington
    247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9060 | No. 278 Overall | No. 49 WR

Recruiting summary: A 6-foot-2.5, 200-pound wide receiver out of Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nev., Odunze committed to the Huskies over fellow finalist Oklahoma. He holds 33 reported offers overall. His primary recruiter at Washington was wide receivers coach Junior Adams. He is the 16th commitment for the Huskies in the 2020 recruiting cycle. In 14 games as a junior, he reeled in 60 catches for 1,347 yards and 15 touchdowns. At the Opening Regional in Los Angeles, he posted a 4.55 40-yard dash, a 4.00 short shuttle, a 33.8-inch vertical and a 35.5-foot Power Ball throw, giving him a SPARQ rating of 112.77.

247Sports Evaluation: Lean frame with length and strong build. Room to add mass without losing flexibility. Stellar straight-line speed. Physicality to gain separation at the line of scrimmage. Smooth route runner, although needs some refinement in getting out of breaks. Athleticism to go up for the football in traffic. Good body control and fluidity to make defenders miss in space. Threat to stretch the field and get behind the secondary. Could improve as a natural pass-catcher and being more consistent over the middle. Potential multi-year starter at the Power Five level and All-Conference type performer. Upside as a Day 3 NFL Draft selection. – 247Sports Mountain Region Recruiting Analyst Blair Angulo

NFL Draft projection: 4-7 Round (Day 3)
    Player comparison: Jordan Lasley | WR | Oakland Raiders
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Meek said:

Recruiting summary: A 6-foot-2.5, 200-pound wide receiver out of Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nev., Odunze committed to the Huskies over fellow finalist Oklahoma. He holds 33 reported offers overall. His primary recruiter at Washington was wide receivers coach Junior Adams. He is the 16th commitment for the Huskies in the 2020 recruiting cycle. In 14 games as a junior, he reeled in 60 catches for 1,347 yards and 15 touchdowns. At the Opening Regional in Los Angeles, he posted a 4.55 40-yard dash, a 4.00 short shuttle, a 33.8-inch vertical and a 35.5-foot Power Ball throw, giving him a SPARQ rating of 112.77.

247Sports Evaluation: Lean frame with length and strong build. Room to add mass without losing flexibility. Stellar straight-line speed. Physicality to gain separation at the line of scrimmage. Smooth route runner, although needs some refinement in getting out of breaks. Athleticism to go up for the football in traffic. Good body control and fluidity to make defenders miss in space. Threat to stretch the field and get behind the secondary. Could improve as a natural pass-catcher and being more consistent over the middle. Potential multi-year starter at the Power Five level and All-Conference type performer. Upside as a Day 3 NFL Draft selection. – 247Sports Mountain Region Recruiting Analyst Blair Angulo

LOL that these high school recruiting guys are already trying to project which fucking NFL draft day. JFC
    Agreed, but the rounds are based on their ranking system. I listened to a podcast last month about it.

So the draft projection is just an automatic fill in based on the kids ranking, and then they add a player that they think is a good comparison.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

Meek said:

LOL that these high school recruiting guys are already trying to project which fucking NFL draft day. JFC
    Agreed, but the rounds are based on their ranking system. I listened to a podcast last month about it.

So the draft projection is just an automatic fill in based on the kids ranking, and then they add a player that they think is a good comparison.
    I was sitting here watching Rome's Hudl film and I was thinking, "Now who does this guy remind me of.....? Oh yeah, Jordan Lasley!" wtf lol
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment