Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If nothing else, Chris Petersen is a good man

One of my childhood friends passed away from unknown causes in his sleep about a month ago. He was an all-time great high school football player around these parts and played at Boise under Petersen.

Petersen flew down here (Portland) in the middle of camp to speak at the celebration of my friend's life, which I think really shows what kind of man he is because my friend wasnt a star at Boise or anything like that.

Just thought I'd share that

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Young age to go.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Unknown causes in his sleep?

Cardiac failure due to, among other things, severe obstructive sleep apnea?
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PHD_Dawg said:

I don't want to spam it too much, but if anyone might be curious, his name was Dan Paul. #47. His best game was probably Nevada 2009, when he scored 3 TDs

https://youtu.be/-ogpUkqNnmQ

Ts and Ps for real for you and your friend and who doesn't love a fullback scoring three TDs... But I'm sorry, what the fuck is that music choice?
  • Options
    PHD_DawgPHD_Dawg Member Posts: 154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

PHD_Dawg said:

I don't want to spam it too much, but if anyone might be curious, his name was Dan Paul. #47. His best game was probably Nevada 2009, when he scored 3 TDs

https://youtu.be/-ogpUkqNnmQ

Ts and Ps for real for you and your friend and who doesn't love a fullback scoring three TDs... But I'm sorry, what the fuck is that music choice?
    No clue. I just tried to find highlights of his game that year and that video was the best one that wasnt just a recording of the full game
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,553
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Tears me up that the father won't get see their child grow up and experience life while the child will never know their father as they should. Heart breaking.

Nebraska classy Pete.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Of course Pete's a good guy. He's just stuck in a rut of bad coaching right now, and needs to dispense with the cutesy arrogant front and get real, like I'm sure he was when speaking about your friend.

Pete's issue is psychological. He's partly in denial, but mostly over his head, and the answers don't lie in his history of coaching. That shit isn't working anymore. He needs to grow and change, quickly, and admit his own personal failures. Only then might he ascend to become the great coach he may be capable of being.

Good man? No doubt. Good coach? Different measuring stick, and right now, the answer is no.