Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

She gets it

Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,497
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Wow, this girl has a great plan! Love the last thing she would do the best. This was written by a 21-year-old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about, and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in. These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco, TX.

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .
Put me in charge of food stamps. No cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol and nicotine. If you want to use drugs, alcohol or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin your "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

I love this one...
AND while you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a government welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people...but our benefits don't? They're "expected" because this is AMERICA, RIGHT?

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    Blu82 said:

Wow, this girl has a great plan! Love the last thing she would do the best. This was written by a 21-year-old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about, and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in. These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .
    Put me in charge of food stamps. No cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol and nicotine. If you want to use drugs, alcohol or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22-inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin your "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

I love this one...
    AND while you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a government welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people...but our benefits don't? They're "expected" because this is AMERICA, RIGHT?

Dems will scream bloody murder! They depend on votes purchased with our tax dollars!
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    It’s going to be awkward when you bozos realize the republicans get more welfare votes than the democrats.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

It’s going to be awkward when you bozos realize the republicans get more welfare votes than the democrats.

Do welfare votes count more than dead people or illegal alien votes?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Link?
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Blu82 said:

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

I love this one...

Disagree
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,252
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Would you like to make a wager on that blatant lie?
    Standard Supporter

Would you like to make a wager on that blatant lie?
    It's not an oversight that we didn't get a link.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    While I can't find where they track how welfare recipients vote. A lot more vote Republican than you think.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/gop-base-poverty-snap-social-security/516861/
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

While I can't find where they track how welfare recipients vote. A lot more vote Republican than you think.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/02/gop-base-poverty-snap-social-security/516861/

How many do I think vote Republican? His claim is bullshit and your link doesn't support his claim.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    Standard Supporter

Is this supposed to relevant in some way?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    edited August 2019
    2001400ex said:

So they want jobs?

Problem solved.

And they shouldn't vote as they just vote themselves more gifts from the public treasury.

They used to make recipients in some Euro nations work, I don't know if they still do.
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,497

Blu82 said:

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

I love this one...

Disagree
    Hard hitting analysis.

Why don't you tell us why you diagree, why this young woman is wrong on the points she makes?

Apparenty, you think getting a job is a bad choice for those that want to advance in our culture/society.
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

How many do I think vote Republican? His claim is bullshit and your link doesn't support his claim.
    None of them.
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

None of them.
    Bzzzzzzt wrong!!!
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

None of them.
    Bzzzzzzt wrong!!!
    I'll try again. Almost none of them.