Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NFL player. Pretty crazy he never redshirted.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sounds like he really knows how to hold a bag.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I would love to hear the inside story on how we recruited him to walk on from out of state over scholarship offers from Colorado and UCLA. From an article a couple years ago:

“That was huge for us,” Joel Bryant said. “My wife, Michelle, was in tears. Literally in tears. …

“When he wanted to go out of state, we thought, ‘We’ll figure it out.’ But then you look at it and one year (of tuition) times four — we could potentially be in debt for 200-plus thousand dollars.”

• Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I would love to hear the inside story on how we recruited him to walk on from out of state over scholarship offers from Colorado and UCLA. From an article a couple years ago:

“That was huge for us,” Joel Bryant said. “My wife, Michelle, was in tears. Literally in tears. …

“When he wanted to go out of state, we thought, ‘We’ll figure it out.’ But then you look at it and one year (of tuition) times four — we could potentially be in debt for 200-plus thousand dollars.”

I thought the story was that he waited to long and thus his offers became uncommittable. The cynic in me thinks they were never committable but who knows....
  • Options
    TacoSoup said:

I thought the story was that he waited to long and thus his offers became uncommittable. The cynic in me thinks they were never committable but who knows....
    That was the story about UW although I don't know if our offer was ever really committable- was that true about Colorado and UCLA too? Who knows.

Still had to outrecruit Nevada, SJSU, etc. though. Its a big ask for an out of state kid.
  • Options
    TacoSoup said:

Yeah, he never took an OV to any school.

Also Love and Murphy didn't commit until the last two weeks before signing day...
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bread said:

Sounds like he really knows how to hold a bag.

"Holding bags" is the 2019 version of "great pair of hips".
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 486
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    Nice to see a story in my local paper that features a black guy and he’s not shot by a cop or a drug dealer.