Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

At first I just read the headline

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://foxnews.com/politics/sanders-harris-and-booker-stump-at-church-whose-pastor-said-being-gay-is-enough-to-send-you-to-hell

And I figured these woke candidates were protesting the views of the pastor

But no they were after votes.

Three leading Democratic presidential candidates – all ardent supporters of LGBTQ rights – have made campaign stops in the last two months at a Baptist church led by a controversial Las Vegas pastor who believes that being gay is “enough to send you to hell.”

Sens. Kamala Harris of California and Cory Booker of New Jersey both attended services last weekend at Rev. Robert E. Fowler Sr.’s Victory Missionary Baptist Church in Las Vegas, while Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont held a town hall at the church last month.

The Mercury News reported this week on the pastor's history, noting it's unclear whether the three candidates knew about his views -- which weren't exactly hidden. The Las Vegas Review-Journal covered the provocative pastor in 2017 and Fowler himself spoke publicly about the subject long before that.

“[W]hether you commit adultery, whether you commit fornication, whether you’re a child molester, you gossip, you lie, you cheat on your taxes, you don’t pay your tithes, things of that nature — all of that is wrapped together as sin, along with homosexuality,” Fowler said in a 2013 interview. “And so at our church, we don’t believe that there’s any one sin that’s greater than anything else.”

Despite the embrace by the three liberal presidential candidates, Fowler’s views on homosexuality appear to have changed little since then, with the pastor telling the Bay Area News Group on Sunday that “homosexuality, adultery, fornication, those are all sexual sins addressed in scripture.”

If he were a white conservative pastor supporting Trump I bet he'd be guilty of hate. But like the democrats other big block of voters, the Muslims, hating gays is cool if you pony up the dollars and the votes.

Comments