Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Blazers just beat San Antonio on the road

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

this team is so inconsistent, watch them lose to Dallas tomorrow, good team, but their style of play will get exposed come playoff time

Or, they beat Dallas like a drum.

They did beat Dallas like a drum. The Blazers 1st 7 play together as well as anyone in the league.

However 8 through 13 are absolute dreck as anyone who saw the Dallas game found out. Meyers Leonard???? Give me a break. That kid must have some bondage pics of Paul Allen or something. He makes Shawn Bradley look coordinated and quick. The Blazers held a 34 pt lead with about 10 minutes left and then Dallas went on a 24-2 run with their 2nd team and the starters had to come back in the game and mop up.

The Blazers will probably win anywhere from 55-60 games but they will still be very lucky to get outta the 2nd round with that bench unfortunately.
    Since when is it important to have a deep bench in the playoffs?
    Dallas in 2011 laughs at your comment as does every Spurs team that has own or been in the finals. You need at least one or two very good NBA players coming of the bench.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

this team is so inconsistent, watch them lose to Dallas tomorrow, good team, but their style of play will get exposed come playoff time

They did beat Dallas like a drum. The Blazers 1st 7 play together as well as anyone in the league.

However 8 through 13 are absolute dreck as anyone who saw the Dallas game found out. Meyers Leonard???? Give me a break. That kid must have some bondage pics of Paul Allen or something. He makes Shawn Bradley look coordinated and quick. The Blazers held a 34 pt lead with about 10 minutes left and then Dallas went on a 24-2 run with their 2nd team and the starters had to come back in the game and mop up.

The Blazers will probably win anywhere from 55-60 games but they will still be very lucky to get outta the 2nd round with that bench unfortunately.
    Dallas in 2011 laughs at your comment as does every Spurs team that has own or been in the finals. You need at least one or two very good NBA players coming of the bench.

Miami, Chicago dynasty, Laker Dynatsy, and Houston Rockets disagree
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

No one is saying you don't need any bench. This guy was talking about the Blazers being weak 8-13 and that being their fatal flaw.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

First of all, every single one of those teams had a superstar that was far superior to Aldridge. Some of those teams had pretty good benches though.

Miami- Ray Allen, Mike Miller, Birdman.

Chicago- kukoc, Kerr. Not a great bench, but a few good role players.

Lakers- Horry. Not a great bench.

Rockets- Cassell and Elie were pretty fucking good players off the bench.

The only decent reserve the Blazers have is Mo Williams, who is shooting 39% and looks like he's about done. I don't know if I would even call him decent anymore. L.A. and Lilliard are very good players, but a team like Portland absolutely needs a good bench (or at least better) to do anything in the playoffs. An actually good of 3 and D swingman instead of Wright and a reliable, Nick Collison like big and the Blazers might have a chance to do some damage.

Right now, I think they lose in the first round. Joel Freeland, Myers Leonard, and Thomas Robinson (I know he's a 3-4) as your back up big men are a fucking disaster and horrible roster management. They need to make a move or two before the deadline. The Spencer Hawes rumor would be a really nice move, although in an ideal situation the Blazers would get a big guy who is better at defense and can protect the rim. There aren't many of those guys out there though.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2014

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

First of all, every single one of those teams had a superstar that was far superior to Aldridge. Some of those teams had pretty good benches though.

The only decent reserve the Blazers have is Mo Williams, who is shooting 39% and looks like he's about done. I don't know if I would even call him decent anymore. L.A. and Lilliard are very good players, but a team like Portland absolutely needs a good bench (or at least better) to do anything in the playoffs. An actually good of 3 and D swingman instead of Wright and a reliable, Nick Collison like big and the Blazers might have a chance to do some damage.

Right now, I think they lose in the first round. Joel Freeland, Myers Leonard, and Thomas Robinson (I know he's a 3-4) as your back up big men are a fucking disaster and horrible roster management. They need to make a move or two before the deadline. The Spencer Hawes rumor would be a really nice move, although in an ideal situation the Blazers would get a big guy who is better at defense and can protect the rim. There aren't many of those guys out there though.

I'm not as down on Robinson and Freeland as most are. Freeland does provide good energy, and lets face it, Portland is using Robinson out of position. Kind of like how they used Hickson last year. Now Meyers Leonard on the other hand is the biggest waste of space I have ever seen. This guy makes Hasheem Thabeet look like a premier starter. Meyers reminds me of a weaker and no presence version of that moron euro big that played in the Whoopie Goldberg movie, "Eddie". Atleast that dumb euro could jam it on somebody and inflict some punishment. All Meyers does is stand up and throw his arms out the side and extend his three fingers on each hand when the Blazers make a three. When on the court, he can't catch, shoot, move his feet, dribble, rebound, set a proper screen, or body anybody. When he's in, the Blazers are actually playing 4 on 6. The only thing that son of a bitch can do is foul. Back when "hack a Shaq" was in full force, there was a need for a guy like Leonard. Now, not so much.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

I'm not as down on Robinson and Freeland as most are. Freeland does provide good energy, and lets face it, Portland is using Robinson out of position. Kind of like how they used Hickson last year. Now Meyers Leonard on the other hand is the biggest waste of space I have ever seen. This guy makes Hasheem Thabeet look like a premier starter. Meyers reminds me of a weaker and no presence version of that moron euro big that played in the Whoopie Goldberg movie, "Eddie". Atleast that dumb euro could jam it on somebody and inflict some punishment. All Meyers does is stand up and throw his arms out the side and extend his three fingers on each hand when the Blazers make a three. When on the court, he can't catch, shoot, move his feet, dribble, rebound, set a proper screen, or body anybody. When he's in, the Blazers are actually playing 4 on 6. The only thing that son of a bitch can do is foul. Back when "hack a Shaq" was in full force, there was a need for a guy like Leonard. Now, not so much.
    Ivan make basket!

Then Ivan make money.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Mosster47 said:

dhdawg said:

Many teams will only go 7 deep in the playoffs. However there is a long time between then and now. One of the 7 is gonna get hurt worse than Batum's broken finger and miss time. Portland also gives LA and Lillard too many minutes. They could wear out even if they aren't truly injured.

Despite having the big 3, the Heat often went 8 deep in their title run last year.

They were for matchup situations, not rotations.

Gimme a fuckin break. It doesn't fucking matter if it's for rotation or matchups.

The point is that you don't win championships with 6 0r 7 players.