Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC couch sale the couch

2»

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Pretty pulled he got his scholarship sure.

super classy to pull a scholarship a few weeks after a kid gets on campus and starts taking classes. really, USC is just showing the world the way to properly manage a world class academic institution... FBI investigations, accepting payments to have coaches say a kid is being recruited for a sport they don't even play, predatory on campus doctors for the co-eds, pulling schollies from kids who have already moved. Just a model of getting kids turned into tomorrow's leaders.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Scholarships are renewed on a year to year basis so USC in theory would be obligated to pay for one year if he chose to be an academic?

Pretty shitty if they let him enroll only to tell him to kick rocks a few weeks later, talk about wasting everyone's time.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

can't wait urban to take over that shit show and give the conference some legitimacy

I can. Are you fucking crazy?

Most of the country already thinks USC is the only legitimate fb program in the west. Another Pete-like run won't do much to undo that myth.

Urban at SC would shit stomp Pete into oblivion and early retirement. He would expose every team in this conference and, unlike Carroll, would run over everybody w/o mercy. Meyer is one of the competitive coaches I've ever seen.
    He wouldn't stomp Pete into oblivion, fuck outta here with that. UW would still own the north and win the cash game every three years or so. It would lower Pete's ceiling for sure but wouldn't destroy our chances. And Urbs would last what, four or five years max there before blowing an artery?

He'd be great, and fairly quickly, but he wouldn't destroy what Pete is building. He'd give us a worthwhile rival from the south which is one thing we lack right now. I'd prefer it doesn't happen just because it would impact the progress we're making in Cali recruiting but I wouldn't hate it. A big chunk of the kids he would get are the ones who are leaving the west right now, not the kids going to UW.
    He would stomp everyone into oblivion but only for about 5 years until the USC coeds or some other scandal gets to him and he moves on to resurrect Miami or Florida State.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Pretty sure he got his scholarship pulled.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Pretty sure he got his scholarship pulled.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

FirePete said:

can't wait urban to take over that shit show and give the conference some legitimacy

I can. Are you fucking crazy?

Most of the country already thinks USC is the only legitimate fb program in the west. Another Pete-like run won't do much to undo that myth.

Urban at SC would shit stomp Pete into oblivion and early retirement. He would expose every team in this conference and, unlike Carroll, would run over everybody w/o mercy. Meyer is one of the competitive coaches I've ever seen.
    He wouldn't stomp Pete into oblivion, fuck outta here with that. UW would still own the north and win the cash game every three years or so. It would lower Pete's ceiling for sure but wouldn't destroy our chances. And Urbs would last what, four or five years max there before blowing an artery?

He'd be great, and fairly quickly, but he wouldn't destroy what Pete is building. He'd give us a worthwhile rival from the south which is one thing we lack right now. I'd prefer it doesn't happen just because it would impact the progress we're making in Cali recruiting but I wouldn't hate it. A big chunk of the kids he would get are the ones who are leaving the west right now, not the kids going to UW.

He would stomp everyone into oblivion
    but only for about 5 years until the USC coeds or some other scandal gets to him and he moves on to resurrect Miami or Florida State.