Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,037
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    UW has a chance to go undefeated with that schedule. Both teams share the 5 home game rotation this year but the Huskies face Stanford, Colorado, Oregon State and Arizona on the road(in Pac12 play) while Oregon is at UW, USC, Stanford and ASU. If you're a "contender" you want the tough ones at home and the easy ones on the road, and by and large UW's schedule is perfect. Oregon's is the opposite.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

UW has a chance to go undefeated with that schedule. Both teams share the 5 home game rotation this year but the Huskies face Stanford, Colorado, Oregon State and Arizona on the road(in Pac12 play) while Oregon is at UW, USC, Stanford and ASU. If you're a "contender" you want the tough ones at home and the easy ones on the road, and by and large UW's schedule is perfect. Oregon's is the opposite.

People are catching on to this

UW splits the Oregon and Stanford games. It's an advantage
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019

dtd said:

Non-contenders pretty much want that too.
    I'd argue they want the opposite. The beavs are gonna lose to the UWs of the world anyway, so why have a home game wasted on that? While getting, say, CAL at home instead could be the difference in getting bowl eligible.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019
    Oregon's schedule could look really easy by the time the season ends. Should I be worried about playing on the road against teams projected to be 6-6 or 7-5? Oregon needs to learn to win on the road and that's whether they play at Arizona, CAL, and WAZZU or USC, Stanford and ASU. Those three opponents are really interchangeable based on expectations. Your schedule is easier because you get Oregon and UTAH at home. However, we are splitting our two most difficult teams.

Stanford and USC will be shit this year.

• Options

lawsandl said:

Oregon's schedule could look really easy by the time the season ends. Should I be worried about playing on the road against teams projected to be 6-6 or 7-5? Oregon needs to learn to win on the road and that's whether they play at Arizona, CAL, and WAZZU or USC, Stanford and ASU. Those three opponents are really interchangeable based on expectations. Your schedule is easier because you get Oregon and UTAH at home. However, we are splitting our two most difficult teams.

I do like his smugness.

That team lost so much and their schedule is relentless. They usually struggle up at corn valley too.

They have Northwestern, @SC, @UCF and then Oregon, @OSU and then Washington. That's brutal returning 9 total starters.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    lawsandl said:

Arizona and Utah were shit last year...didn’t matter on the road
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

That’s my point. If Oregon is good, whether it’s Stanford, SC or Arizona, Wazzu, the ducks need to win. Stanford and SC are expected to win 6 or 7 games.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    lawsandl said:

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

That’s my point. If Oregon is good, whether it’s Stanford, SC or Arizona, Wazzu, the ducks need to win. Stanford and SC are expected to win 6 or 7 games.
    FO, this is an important narrative to establish when we quook at 8-4.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I do like his smugness.

That team lost so much and their schedule is relentless. They usually struggle up at corn valley too.

They have Northwestern, @SC, @UCF and then Oregon, @OSU and then Washington. That's brutal returning 9 total starters.
    What is it with you retard quooks who think this shit matters? Stanford wins 9-10 games a year and they've been doing that consistently for years now. When you have a good coach who is proven that shit doesn't matter.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

Yeah because preseason media expectations hold a lot of weight and are always right. Stanford and SC won't be easy wins for anybody.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I do like his smugness.

What is it with you retard quooks who think this shit matters? Stanford wins 9-10 games a year and they've been doing that consistently for years now. When you have a good coach who is proven that shit doesn't matter.
    That offense looked like shit without Love. They’ve totally lost their identity under Shaw as a bully. They developed no one behind those starters last year. They lost their three best passing targets. There is no reason Stanford should run for 1400 yards in a season. Sorry, I see a slow regression with Shaw.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I do like his smugness.

That offense looked like shit without Love. They’ve totally lost their identity under Shaw as a bully. They developed no one behind those starters last year. They lost their three best passing targets. There is no reason Stanford should run for 1400 yards in a season. Sorry, I see a slow regression with Shaw.
    Again, this is retarded logic. He's been losing great players for years and has been doubted for years and just comes back the next year and wins 9-10 games again. Until a drop off actually happens, it's a stupid prediction.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

I do like his smugness.

Again, this is retarded logic. He's been losing great players for years and has been doubted for years and just comes back the next year and wins 9-10 games again. Until a drop off actually happens, it's a stupid prediction.
    There is no reason Stanford should take it on the chin like they did last year. Utah should not double them up and Oregon was the bully in that game even though they came up short. Is there any reason to think they get their run game going or improve their pass game? Scarlett and Speights are not in the same tradition as past running backs. Is there any reason to believe they don’t give up 40ish to good offenses.

Look at how they got to 9 wins, look at what is coming back and tell me they match that total.