Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What's the story with ASJ?

I've googled and read Twitter mentions......seems his pretrial got moved to mid-July. Anybody know what to expect with this guy? He should be reinstated, but then what? Play right away? Miss a quarter, half, game or two? Will Sark even get the chance to make that decision, or will this trial get dragged out? His pretrial has been moved twice already. Seems like a lot for a DUI. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nothing yet, but in my opinion Sark should do what any college head coach worth a shit would do and find a way to punish ASJ without having him miss a game.

Of course, this is Seattle so I wouldn't put it past Sark to succumb to the bitchy outcries of the football-hating community and keep ASJ suspended for half the season.

Fucking Seattle.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Sark gives half a fuck about his job he plays. End of discussion.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Nothing yet, but in my opinion Sark should do what any college head coach worth a shit would do and find a way to punish ASJ without having him miss a game.

Of course, this is Seattle so I wouldn't put it past Sark to succumb to the bitchy outcries of the football-hating community and keep ASJ suspended for half the season.

Fucking Seattle.

Why do you hate purpledawgfan?

• Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

I've googled and read Twitter mentions......seems his pretrial got moved to mid-July. Anybody know what to expect with this guy? He should be reinstated, but then what? Play right away? Miss a quarter, half, game or two? Will Sark even get the chance to make that decision, or will this trial get dragged out? His pretrial has been moved twice already. Seems like a lot for a DUI. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This provides the perfect example of why any program with a fucking clue starts out the season with a patsy opponent. Example: Oregon begins the 2013 season with Nicholls State, for crying out loud!.

Sark SHOULD, in my humble opinion, suspend ASJ for the opening game. DUI is serious business, at least outside the SEC. Trouble is, that opening game is Boise State. If the Huskies were playing an opponent on the scale of Nicholls State they'd obviously win the game with or without their starting TE.

Why start out the season with a quality opponent? In this day and age it doesn't make any damn sense. But then a lot of things haven't made sense in this program for a long, long time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Sark might suspend him knowing with ASJ the Boise game is house money.

If he wins then he's a genius who made the moral decision plus proved he can win without a star.

If he loses then Doogs turn on ASJ and not Sark. Sark will have a built in excuse why we lost.

As always Sark will skate by while the players get thrown under the bus.
  • Options
    LocalKineBroncoLocalKineBronco Member Posts: 32
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Thanks for the input.....regardless of the motives involved, the trial needs to end before Sark can do anything about ASJ. With the pre-trial being delayed until mid-July, the courts could be cutting this real close to opening day. Not like they care.....but nonetheless, it seems to me anyway that ASJ's status issue might not sort itself out until sometime in August.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Thanks for the input.....regardless of the motives involved, the trial needs to end before Sark can do anything about ASJ. With the pre-trial being delayed until mid-July, the courts could be cutting this real close to opening day. Not like they care.....but nonetheless, it seems to me anyway that ASJ's status issue might not sort itself out until sometime in August.

There won't be a trial, he will plead it down. ASJ is actually a really good kid who made a mistake. As I said in the other thread look for a token quarter suspension or even just suspended for the first series.

I'd almost respect Sark more if he held out ASJ for the entire game and something good came out of it- like reflecting confidence in the rest of the team and making ASJ want to perform even better in the future. A good coach would do this, have his team ready to win the game and a lot of good would come out of it in the long run. Look at what Peterson did with the DE last year. It seemed he was suspended for a small offense. Of course Sark is in a totally different position now.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I think we led off with LSU in 2011... They're pretty good.
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    He should be suspended from all BSU pre-game activities.
    It's not like he crashed into a retirement home, or something.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

I think we led off with LSU in 2011... They're pretty good.

Yes, but it ruined your title run.
  • Options
    LocalKineBroncoLocalKineBronco Member Posts: 32
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

There won't be a trial, he will plead it down. ASJ is actually a really good kid who made a mistake. As I said in the other thread look for a token quarter suspension or even just suspended for the first series.

I'd almost respect Sark more if he held out ASJ for the entire game and something good came out of it- like reflecting confidence in the rest of the team and making ASJ want to perform even better in the future. A good coach would do this, have his team ready to win the game and a lot of good would come out of it in the long run. Look at what Peterson did with the DE last year. It seemed he was suspended for a small offense. Of course Sark is in a totally different position now.

Truth be told....Demarcus Lawrence was suspended for an entire game.....because he missed curfew by 30 minutes.