Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Evan Pryor says he Plans to return to Oregon

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Evan Pryor, nation’s No. 3 RB, visiting Oregon, sees one of nation’s budding ‘premier programs'

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/03/evan-pryor-nations-no-3-rb-visiting-oregon-sees-a-budding-premier-program.html

“The 5-foot-11, 175-pound running back, out of William A. Hough High School (Cornelius, North Carolina), holds nearly 30 scholarship offers, highlighted by Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Miami (Fla.), Michigan, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas A&M, West Virginia and others.

But for Pryor, the Ducks are a program on the rise.

“They are becoming one of the premier programs again,” he said. “I like them because they were my dream school and the coaching staff is cool, and they seem to be in a great area. Plus, they have talent in ‘The League.’ ”

Leaving nothing to chance, the Ducks have prioritized Pryor to the point that he is regularly in contact with four coaches - head coach Mario Cristobal, running back coach Jim Mastro, cornerback coach Donte Williams and director of recruiting Kenny Sanders.

“The relationships are great,” he said. “We (connect) on a weekly basis, too.”

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    WHAT AN OFFER LIST!

He’s never going to Oregon
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    That’s what they said about KT and DAT

If he doesn’t Baby Mamba will be just fine😂
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

KT and DAT weren't from North Carolina
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I mean, he's probably not coming to Oregon for a bunch of reasons but we? have dudes from Florida(4), Georgia(3), Alabama(2), Tennessee(2), Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Minnesota, etc.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dtd said:

I mean, he's probably not coming to Oregon for a bunch of reasons but we? have dudes from Florida(4), Georgia(3), Alabama(2), Tennessee(2), Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Minnesota, etc.

Yeah but he’s actually good
  • Options
    dtd said:

Honest query: how many of them were top 100 composite guys? I just assume the competition for guys of that level is going to be stiffer. To put it another way I don't think it's a coincidence that the two biggest time recruits Oregon got (and they were both huge) were from the West Coast.

OTOH Pryor isn't at their level.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Who? I don't really follow duck recruiting anymore.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

dtd said:

Honest query: how many of them were top 100 composite guys? I just assume the competition for guys of that level is going to be stiffer. To put it another way I don't think it's a coincidence that the two biggest time recruits Oregon got (and they were both huge) were from the West Coast.

OTOH Pryor isn't at their level.
    A few 4 stars, a few career backups, some top 200 composite guys. No real scrubs, lots of good players with high level offers, most of which were probably backup plan offers, but fuck it, I'll take Bama's plan C all day every day.

Oregon has long made a living on targeting guys they know the blue bloods have as backup plans and making them feel like a priority. They do the same with injured dudes too, take the risk of sticking with them throughout and hoping they tell USC to fuck off when they heal up(Ware-Hudson comes to mind).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Jamal Elliot was.

He's the guy who transferred after spring camp, as a true freshman.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Neither is Pryor.

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He’s at a DII school like coastal Carolina. He knew he couldn’t beat out Dye.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

He’s at a DII school like coastal Carolina. He knew he couldn’t beat out Dye.

It was a fucking joke. The point that they're making is that it's hard to land guys from 3000 miles away, and then I ironically posted the dude we did land from North Carolina who then up and left without playing a down. It's really, genuinely not hard to comprehend. People with brains and balls can make fun of themselves because they don't need to lie and twist every last fucking thing to be sunshine.

God damn quooks.
  • Options

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Neither is Pryor.

That changes the calculus a bit. How long has he been gone from Vegas?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    dnc said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

Neither is Pryor.

That changes the calculus a bit. How long has he been gone from Vegas?
    Since around the time Mariota left Autzen. Which may explain why Pryor was also at our? Spring Scrimmage two.

It's not going to be a gimme. But given the cataclysmic state of 2021 running back recruiting on the West coast, it's a shot worth taking.