Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to fat guys with cheap ARs

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Did you know AR stands for “Assault Rifle”?

No, I did not. I thought it stood for the name of the original manufacturer of the precursor to the M-16.
    Nope!
    Yes, I am right you whooshy bastards.

The “AR” in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”

https://www.nssf.org/msr/
    Disagree

It was crazy Grundle. I just kept pulling pressing the trigger and mor bullets kept coming out of the barrel.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you decide to buy one make sure you know the difference between .223 and 5.56mm ammunition.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,005
    edited July 2019
    USMChawk said:

If you decide to buy one make sure you know the difference between .223 and 5.56mm ammunition.

Both work in an AR. 223 works fine in a 5.56 but not always the other way around if you're shooting a bolt gun etc.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

USMChawk said:

Both work in an AR. 223 works fine in a 5.56 but not always the other way around if you're shooting a bolt gun etc.
    The 5.56 round can (probably does) have higher pressure and will void the warranty on most .223 rifles. A .223 is manufactured to lower specs.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019
    USMChawk said:

Sledog said:

USMChawk said:

The 5.56 round can (probably does) have higher pressure and will void the warranty on most .223 rifles. A .223 is manufactured to lower specs.
    That's why my primary ARs are an HK and a Barrett. Manufactured to end of the world specs.

Also, thinking of taking an old PS-15 S&W I have and converting it to a race gun with an Adams piston (it's already a piston gun but the Adams design is better and will interface with the new trigger group) and an Echo binary trigger. Suck it anti gun fags. 'Murica
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    USMChawk said:

As cool as they ARE I don't see myself ever owning an AR. I have enough frens that have them to scratch that itch once or twice a year at a range or out in the woods. And the Remington scatter gun I own gives me enough piece of mind for Zombie Apocalypse, even though I get why folks think the AR is the ultimate Zombie Apocalypse weapon. If I do purchase is gun any time soon, it's gonna be a S&W 686 in .357 mag.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don’t own one either. It’s a hunting weapon, the ammo is expensive (compared to pistol ammo) and it’s too bulky for home defense (which is the primary excuse I give my wife for buying guns).
  • Options
    It is much harder to hide from 7.62 NATO! Most shit is just concealment. Cover from real rifle fire is much harder to find!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

As cool as they ARE I don't see myself ever owning an AR. I have enough frens that have them to scratch that itch once or twice a year at a range or out in the woods. And the Remington scatter gun I own gives me enough piece of mind for Zombie Apocalypse, even though I get why folks think the AR is the ultimate Zombie Apocalypse weapon. If I do purchase is gun any time soon, it's gonna be a S&W 686 in .357 mag.
    Zombies aren’t real. You know that right?

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

USMChawk said:

Give the Ruger GP100 a look
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

USMChawk said:

Give the Ruger GP100 a look
    I know the Ruger is a solid gun. I just like the looks of the Smith mor is all.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The 629 trigger guard hits my knuckle funny, so I hold it against all S&Ws
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

The 629 trigger guard hits my knuckle funny, so I hold it against all S&Ws

Wrong grips.