Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson, 2020 5* WR, Calabasas, CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

According to Ruth we stopped recruiting him. She says he was more of a Lubick guy than an Adams guy

I don't know shit but this is logical. Adams got here, surveyed the class, and reshuffled the big board. Happens all the time with coaching changes. Wilson is a good WR, but obviously Adams has him lower than the others. Adams is killing it with early returns, so I'll trust him, for now.
    I think people here act like there is more separation between these recruits though. There is a lot more 1a, 1b, 1c, etc going on and staffs use their resources where they think they have the best shot.

The idea that they told him not to unofficially visit is ridiculous. The idea that they like Rome better is not.

It’s not that complicated.

Hey doogs like to doog. I liked Wilson, but pretty happy with the current uw class they way it is shaping out. But would have gladly taken Wilson
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

According to Ruth we stopped recruiting him. She says he was more of a Lubick guy than an Adams guy

I don't know shit but this is logical. Adams got here, surveyed the class, and reshuffled the big board. Happens all the time with coaching changes. Wilson is a good WR, but obviously Adams has him lower than the others. Adams is killing it with early returns, so I'll trust him, for now.
    I think people here act like there is more separation between these recruits though. There is a lot more 1a, 1b, 1c, etc going on and staffs use their resources where they think they have the best shot.

The idea that they told him not to unofficially visit is ridiculous. The idea that they like Rome better is not.

Spot on
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

Swaye said:

dhdawg said:

UW was Wilson's favorite from the beginning. But Rome Odunze was the only WR invited to unofficially visit during the Spring. UW had two big recruiting weekends in June for mostly official visits and didn't invite Wilson to either of those either. Obviously he wanted to visit but was on the back burner. Junior Adams doesn't think much of him and thinks he's soft. It's not that complicated. And coaches don't need to directly tell kids not to unofficially visit you moron. They either invite them or they don't.
  • Options
    fosterworthfosterworth Member Posts: 73
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

The thought of a 6’6 dude with skills excites me just like the thought of a burner with Ross speed (tre’shaun) excites me.

But what do I know. I’m just a stupid redneck.

I'm sorry, but we're going to need to get a ruling from our resident expert on whether you qualify as a redneck. Ballzz, can you provide us with your professional opinion?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019

Educk posters saying they are fine with it because room has to be made for both Flowe and Ringo (who are waiting in line to join the duck class,)

Ahhh jesus quoock. Bet Ringo waits to sign until the 2nd signing day
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Cristoball just came in for Wilson to ASU by ASU mod

When you hire recruiters and have them recruit

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited December 2019
    Domicillo said:

Cristoball just came in for Wilson to ASU by ASU mod

When you hire recruiters and have them recruit

And then you tout the true frosh QB who had an insane first year who needs new WR because his two top targets are graduating and going pro.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Imagine that ... New guy comes in and recruits .... Kinda like our old wr coach who left for the financial banking sector eh?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    NEsnake12 said:

Herm is astonishingly competent as a head coach and I can’t get over that

Does Petersen follow in Herm's footsteps and adopt the CEO model?
  • Options
    TheironshiekTheironshiek Member Posts: 167
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    I’d pump the breaks on Daniels insane first year. He had good moments like against the ducks and after his team was already getting blown out by UCLA, but there was a whooooole lot of awfulness in there as well.