Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Per educk quooks, only a few more than 200 people showed up to this thing. They were expecting a lot more. That's gotta be weird for these kids who were sold on the hype to play a night scrimmage in front of such a tiny crowd
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Per educk quooks, only a few more than 200 people showed up to this thing. They were expecting a lot more. That's gotta be weird for these kids who were sold on the hype to play a night scrimmage in front of such a tiny crowd

Monster truck rally must have been in creswell tonight
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    “Now I don't want to come off as spoiled, expectant, but did this seem a little disappointing to you? Maybe because of the small crowd, maybe because of some recruits who should have been attending weren't, or some Quacks I thought would happen did not. Well, there's always tomorrow and the next day.”

“Zero (public) quacks so far from SNL, a little surprising. Still think one or two happen soon.
    And yes the program marketed this terribly if they wanted a good showing from the fans.”
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019

“Now I don't want to come off as spoiled, expectant, but did this seem a little disappointing to you? Maybe because of the small crowd, maybe because of some recruits who should have been attending weren't, or some Quacks I thought would happen did not. Well, there's always tomorrow and the next day.”

“Zero (public) quacks so far from SNL, a little surprising. Still think one or two happen soon.
    And yes the program marketed this terribly if they wanted a good showing from the fans.”

The event never has a crowd and they weren’t sold on a big crowd. Also, there is another commit. It sounds like Badger. They probably need to do an edit or video. Also, Montra Edwards wants to commit but sounds like he may not be a take.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

The event never has a crowd and they weren’t sold on a big crowd. Also, there is another commit. It sounds like Badger. They probably need to do an edit or video. Also, Montra Edwards wants to commit but sounds like he may not be a take.
    Is that something to highlight?

I don't understand.

We have a three star dude who wanted to commit ... but the staff don't think he's worthy ... So there!

What is the point?
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019

One should remember that all of these recruits paid their own way including their parents to attend this event. The Sewell family didn’t come because it wasn’t in their budget if they were going to watch all their sons games. Gabe is an all conference LB at Nevada. Not all families can afford this. The only thing I was disappointed in was the crowd. In the future I think SNL should be on fan appreciation day.

There were plenty of elites athletes there.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Troy Franklin definitely looks like he was lit

Fans of all teams who tweet at recruits are such fucking losers.
  • Options
    animate said:

lawsandl said:

I don't understand.

We have a three star dude who wanted to commit ... but the staff don't think he's worthy ... So there!

What is the point?
    The point Laws is making I believe is that the Ducks have to be very judicious with their remaining commits. They are going to have to have a smaller class than usual about 23 max.
    That means they can only have about 7 more commits.

They definitely have spots for Wilson, Sewell and Badger

That leaves 4 spots left for these recruits

Jaylon Jeffers OT

Brenden Coffey OT

Alex Harrison OT

TJ Bass OG

DeShawn Lynch. SDE

Kenean Caldwell DT

Quay Evans DT

And any other recruits that are Duck leans and/or surprises like DAT

Isaiah Newell, Brenden Rice and Markell Esteen among others wanted to come to Oregon but there just isn’t room unless Oregon unexpectedly strikes out on a number of recruits that are 100% Oregon.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2019
    DJDuck said:

Isaiah Newell, Brenden Rice and Markell Esteen among others wanted to come to Oregon but there just isn’t room unless Oregon unexpectedly strikes out on a number of recruits that are 100% Oregon.

lmaaaooo
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    For instance, do they have room to give a former Freshman All-American a 2nd chance?

JUCO DB Bennett Williams gives insight in his visit to Oregon

https://247sports.com/Article/Oregon-football-recruiting-Bennett-Williams-133984913/
  • Options
    animate said:

lawsandl said:

I don't understand.

What is the point?
    You’re overthinking it. I am talking about the event producing results. He came to commit and Oregon wanted to take him. I don’t care about stars on an individual recruit.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Lol what happened with Montra Edwards? I thought 3-star D-lineman from the Southeast were better than 4-star D-lineman out West?

Or perhaps there are more D1 football programs in the Southeast than any other part of the country so any leftovers from that region that a middling Pac-12 school can scoop up probably aren't all that good.
  • Options

Lol what happened with Montra Edwards? I though 3-star D-lineman from the Southeast were better than 4-star D-lineman out West?

Or perhaps there are more D1 football programs in the Southeast than any other part of the country so any leftovers from that region that a middling Pac-12 school can scoop up probably aren't all that good.

He showed up at 6’1” 288. He has a good looking frame but he’s probably close to maxed out. Unlike Dorlus and Williams, he’s is smaller than his listed weight..
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    lawsandl said:

Lol what happened with Montra Edwards? I though 3-star D-lineman from the Southeast were better than 4-star D-lineman out West?

He showed up at 6’1” 288. He has a good looking frame but he’s probably close to maxed out. Unlike Dorlus and Williams, he’s is smaller than his listed weight..
    It has nothing to do with his size. He just flat out sucks and your dumb ass coaches thought he was good for a long time until they saw him in person against real competition. He had them fooled and they had you fooled. I told you he was a scrub.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

It has nothing to do with his size. He just flat out sucks and your dumb ass coaches thought he was good for a long time until they saw him in person against real competition. He had them fooled and they had you fooled. I told you he was a scrub.
    Apparently he always needed to camp well to be a take. Also, Evans and Caldwell were always higher on the board. I loved Edward’s frame but thought it was on a 6’3” frame. Also, he looks like great run stopper on film.

I personally am glad to see the coaches doing due diligence.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Apparently he always needed to camp well to be a take. Also, Evans and Caldwell were always higher on the board. I loved Edward’s frame but thought it was on a 6’3” frame. Also, he looks like great run stopper on film.

I personally am glad to see the coaches doing due diligence.
    Yeah when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel it's best to sift through the leftovers to find the guys with better potential.
  • Options
    News coming out from SNL is that Edwards really struggled.
  • Options
    Edwards was a disappointment.

There were lots of positives.