Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Worst September for College Football?

Looking over the first 5 weekends, and I only see 3 non-con games that actually look good.

TAMU @ Clemson
LSU @ Texas
Notre Dame @ Georgia

There are others that will end up being exciting because that's how football is, but scheduling sucks now.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,431
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Fuck off, look at the so-called sports on TV right now. There's no such thing as a bad September of college football. GTFOOH.

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

We? and other schools should demand better
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fuck off, look at the so-called sports on TV right now. There's no such thing as a bad September of college football. GTFOOH.

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

I am going to watch it. And I am going to be grateful.
  • Options
    HonestDonHonestDon Member Posts: 97
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

The Mormons are a weird September team. Going to drive to Provo for this game.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HonestDon said:

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

I guarantee we're all going to be pissed off through the first three quarters of that game.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HonestDon said:

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

I guarantee we're all going to be pissed off through the first three quarters of that game.

• Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Irregardless it's a mute point. Can't wait for football.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2019

HonestDon said:

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

Yeah I don’t get the point of scheduling that game at all. Win won’t look all that good because BYU always fades hard in October/November under sitake, and BYU is physical/borderline dirty, so there will definitely be a couple injuries from it. High risk, low reward. Just look at the only other p5 AD (swannFS) who scheduled a game in Provo this year...

Cohen blundered?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I totally agree with this thread. This is the worst fucking season opening schedule ever. At a time when the rhetoric is that you need to pay big games the reality is still that you get to the playoffs with 0 or 1 losses regardless of who you play as long as you are a brand name team.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

HonestDon said:

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

Yeah I don’t get the point of scheduling that game at all. Win won’t look all that good because BYU always fades hard in October/November under sitake, and BYU is physical/borderline dirty, so there will definitely be a couple injuries from it. High risk, low reward. Just look at the only other p5 AD (swannFS) who scheduled a game in Provo this year...

Cohen blundered?
    Home and home. Can you even get BYU otherwise? Whatever, there were a lot of people afraid of that game going in last season, but watching their previous games, they looked like the slowest roster in all of college football. I wasn't too worried.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

HonestDon said:

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

Cohen blundered?
    Home and home. Can you even get BYU otherwise? Whatever, there were a lot of people afraid of that game going in last season, but watching their previous games, they looked like the slowest roster in all of college football. I wasn't too worried.
    I think the answer is don’t schedule BYU. Schedule Fresno or someone instead. Better opponent who won’t make you travel there.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

HonestDon said:

EWU
    Hawaii
    @BYU

Cohen blundered?
    I think the answer is don’t schedule BYU. Schedule Fresno or someone instead. Better opponent who won’t make you travel there.
    Although I agree with you in that fuck BYU, fewer and fewer G5 teams are agreeing to non-reciprocal games. It's part of why non-conference schedules are getting so shitty (the other reason being fucking dick pussies in charge of scheduling): teams are loading up on FCS and scraping the bottom of the barrel of the G5 in order to fill out seven game home slates (or six games in odd years).