Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

His only connection at Florida State is Tre’Shaun Harrison. If you are sweating about him going to Florida State you deserve it to finally understand how important peer connections are.

“We should never take a player to increase our chances at another player” is said all the time by fans even though the coaches told LV to hold off on his commitment to save a guaranteed spot for Gary Bryant Jr (Tre’shaun Is better) in order to connect with Korey Foreman.

This is the bed the coaches made by not recruiting Tre’shaun so have fun sleeping in it while a bunch of Savell to FSU stuff comes out for the next month while he simultaneously tweets at Sawyer (who he’s never met) and Paolo (who he had beef with until Paolo embarrassed him).

With RARE exceptions, recruiting/hiring/etc somebody with the expectation that that will help you with someone/something else later is FS

You can decide if this was a case that was worth it

If you want to say we tried that with Kyler Manu, then so be it ... how did that work out?

The biggest problem with your logic is that you tend to give the appearance of looking at all of these recruiting situations as one off situations instead as part of a collective whole.

And FYI, I had no clue that Smalls has beef with Paolo ... if that’s true and we can only take one ... Paolo is probably the bigger recruit as it pertains to his sport/program
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    As someone who had a young teenage ego yesterday. I think Jalen being publicly inviting gives Smalls a way in if he wants while protecting his sense of self.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    In the fucking bag
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019
    Gwad said:

As someone who had a young teenage ego yesterday. I think Jalen being publicly inviting gives Smalls a way in if he wants while protecting his sense of self.

I think the thing is that the only way it will work is if Savvy feels enough of the situation revolves around him to make him feel the bell of the ball.

If he'd been the first #hometownhero and been seen as THE peer recruiter the way Sam Huard is it would of worked. Expectations that he would be that in a sense ruined how special that would have been.

Now it's going to take all of the current #hometownheros plus elite out of state talent begging him to stay. Expectations have been reversed so now if he stays it will be special but it's going to take us all the way until Signing day I'd bet to make that narrative pay off. Plus, we will have to continue to close elite talent without having him committed to make the narrative stick.

I think He Gone but will be pleasantly surprised if we manage to get back in it.

TLDR Since he wasn't the first key piece he's gotta be the last key piece.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

His only connection at Florida State is Tre’Shaun Harrison. If you are sweating about him going to Florida State you deserve it to finally understand how important peer connections are.

“We should never take a player to increase our chances at another player” is said all the time by fans even though the coaches told LV to hold off on his commitment to save a guaranteed spot for Gary Bryant Jr (Tre’shaun Is better) in order to connect with Korey Foreman.

This is the bed the coaches made by not recruiting Tre’shaun so have fun sleeping in it while a bunch of Savell to FSU stuff comes out for the next month while he simultaneously tweets at Sawyer (who he’s never met) and Paolo (who he had beef with until Paolo embarrassed him).

With RARE exceptions, recruiting/hiring/etc somebody with the expectation that that will help you with someone/something else later is FS

If you want to say we tried that with Kyler Manu, then so be it ... how did that work out?

The biggest problem with your logic is that you tend to give the appearance of looking at all of these recruiting situations as one off situations instead as part of a collective whole.

And FYI, I had no clue that Smalls has beef with Paolo ... if that’s true and we can only take one ... Paolo is probably the bigger recruit as it pertains to his sport/program
    They don’t have beef. I said that to calm people down cuz while he’s doing all this shit to troll people, he’s still hitting up Sawyer, Paolo, Jalen, Geirean, etc. so let’s all just all take a chill pill.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

They don’t have beef. I said that to calm people down cuz while he’s doing all this shit to troll people, he’s still hitting up Sawyer, Paolo, Jalen, Geirean, etc. so let’s all just all take a chill pill.
    It’ll be great if he ends up at UW but I’m not losing sleep over it
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Expect a woof soon, savvy just committed
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I wonder how many posters here will commit seppuku when Smalls commits elsewhere and we get Lance Keneley instead?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I wonder how many posters here will commit seppuku when Smalls commits elsewhere and we get Lance Keneley instead?

Not me. I'd be happy if he went UW ... But don't care if he went Colorado school of mines ... Lipo