Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Police shootings. Shut your dirty whore mouth if you don’t agree with the Kapernick narrative

Comments

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Once crime rates were taken into account, civilians fatally shot by the police were not more likely to be black or Hispanic than white.

This is consistent with our earlier work, which showed that black Americans have more contact with the police through greater involvement in violent crime, which at least partially explains why black Americans are shot by police at higher rates than their population representation in the U.S.

Which is exactly the very same point I was making the other day. Hardly Clothed claimed it was "racist" to cite the fact that blacks commit more crime. Blacks have more contact with the cops on account of their higher crime rates, this increased contact makes it much more likely that blacks will run into an asshole cop.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    SFGbob said:

Once crime rates were taken into account, civilians fatally shot by the police were not more likely to be black or Hispanic than white.

This is consistent with our earlier work, which showed that black Americans have more contact with the police through greater involvement in violent crime, which at least partially explains why black Americans are shot by police at higher rates than their population representation in the U.S.

Which is exactly the very same point I was making the other day. Hardly Clothed claimed it was "racist" to cite the fact that blacks commit more crime. Blacks have more contact with the cops on account of their higher crime rates, this increased contact makes it much more likely that blacks will run into an asshole cop.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Disagree
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,390
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

She's awfully young to be popping out eggs
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I have to believe the high crime rate is what attracts the police. You deploy your police officers where they are most likely to find crime.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,599
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Evil whitey potd
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    SFGbob said:

It was and is racist
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

It was and is racist
    Yes, yes, facts that make your snatch hurt are racist.

Is it "racist" to point out that black on average or better athletes than most other racial groups?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've heard these same statistics and arguments my whole life. And they'll be going on for hundreds of years after I'm dead. Some assholes throw buckets of water on cops and get no punishment. Some guys get pulled over for speeding and get shot. Neither are fair, and nobody on either side will give an inch. Pretty much ensures this shit will go on forever.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I've heard these same statistics and arguments my whole life. And they'll be going on for hundreds of years after I'm dead. Some assholes throw buckets of water on cops and get no punishment. Some guys get pulled over for speeding and get shot. Neither are fair, and nobody on either side will give an inch. Pretty much ensures this shit will go on forever.

What statistics and arguments do you think you’ve heard?