Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LV Bunkley-Shelton, 2020 4* WR, Gardena (Junipero Serra), CA (Offered)

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

According to @SonicsDawg, LV is a plan B for Odunze and Bryant is a take no matter what.

Thinking superchronicdawg is full of shit. Isn’t LV and Bryant both slot guys?
    I think so too. It doesn't seem to fit. We seem to be after big guys on the outside. If Ofynze doesn't happen then I think they just content themselves with Raccanelli and McMillan plus either Bryant or LVBS.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

According to @SonicsDawg, LV is a plan B for Odunze and Bryant is a take no matter what.

Let’s pretend I believe this... do the coaches straight up say “we can’t take your commitment now but we’ll let you know when we can and see if you’re still interested?”

Then how do they keep the kid interested when deep down they only want him if they miss on their preferred option...

I get side chicks and that game.

I get sales and managing sales reps and that game.

I don’t get the art of recruiting. Maybe I’m just too honest for that game.

Thinking superchronicdawg is full of shit. Isn’t LV and Bryant both slot guys?
    Our staff has a rep for being completely up front with people about this kind of stuff.

Other schools have a rep for being shady and going silent on guys after they have committed and all that shit once the bigger fish come around interested.

I don’t think it’s that hard to believe that the staff is extremely honest with these guys. Could be wrong because but just what I’m hearing from my sources.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:
    Probably why our coaches prefer Hector IMO.
    That you ballZ?
  • PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was asleep on this guy until today. For some reason I thought he was like a jaydon mickens type. Fuck I was wrong. I will be absolutely thrilled if he commits.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He abused Kelee on that route
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    My dick. It is hard.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:
    These camps (at least the highlights) are so dumb. Most of the routes the WR's run are 2 and 3 moves per route and are useless. Time for some real football.
    Browning was right!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Went back and watched his film, a couple things standout:

1. Ball skills. Kid has hands on both sides of the ball. One handed grabs at the camps are one thing, doing it in a game is another. He pulls it off multiple times. Best highlight reel hands for a UW receiver recruit I can remember since Kasen (nowhere near Kasen's explosive leaping skills though).

2. Route running. As others have noted, he looks like a slot receiver with a variety of subtle moves to get open. Reminds me of Doug Baldwin* a bit in that he can shake people on a route very well but isn't making anybody miss after the catch or in the open field. His KOR/PR highlights are pretty sad. But without the ball in his hands he can definitely sell he's going one way and then go the other.

Kid's not a blazer, isn't especially strong and he's not going to make a bunch of people miss with the ball in his hands, but can get open and he can catch which are the two most important attributes for a WR. I'd rather have Gary Bryant as the slot in this class but LVBS wouldn't be a disappointment at all. He'd be a great compliment to McMillan, Odunze and Sawyer.

*Not saying he's as good as ADB, don't twist

Are we really taking 4 WR? Bummer
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FirePete said:

dnc said:

Went back and watched his film, a couple things standout:

1. Ball skills. Kid has hands on both sides of the ball. One handed grabs at the camps are one thing, doing it in a game is another. He pulls it off multiple times. Best highlight reel hands for a UW receiver recruit I can remember since Kasen (nowhere near Kasen's explosive leaping skills though).

2. Route running. As others have noted, he looks like a slot receiver with a variety of subtle moves to get open. Reminds me of Doug Baldwin* a bit in that he can shake people on a route very well but isn't making anybody miss after the catch or in the open field. His KOR/PR highlights are pretty sad. But without the ball in his hands he can definitely sell he's going one way and then go the other.

Kid's not a blazer, isn't especially strong and he's not going to make a bunch of people miss with the ball in his hands, but can get open and he can catch which are the two most important attributes for a WR. I'd rather have Gary Bryant as the slot in this class but LVBS wouldn't be a disappointment at all. He'd be a great compliment to McMillan, Odunze and Sawyer.

*Not saying he's as good as ADB, don't twist

Are we really taking 4 WR? Bummer
    Not a bummer at all if it's those four
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Film nerds is his film better or the same as Chris Polk?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Film nerds is his film better or the same as Chris Polk?

Worse