Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Edgar Cooperstown thread

Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,809
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
Who’s all going to Cooperstown next Sunday? If you go I recommend the parade Saturday night and of course the induction ceremony on Sunday. Get there early and you can park for free on some village streets on Sunday.

Four good breweries in the Cooperstown area and more if you venture south into the Catskills.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    when i went there, I was shocked by how rural it was
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,809
    Swaye's Wigwam

when i went there, I was shocked by how rural it was

Heirs to the Singer sewing machine family own most of Main Street and a lot of the surrounding land. It’s why the village has kept its charm. Meanwhile 5 miles south and beyond along Route 28 are restaurant chains and hotel chains. More hotels in Oneonta too so Cooperstown is more affordable and accessible than before.

I’ll be there on Sunday. I’ve been there many times so if anyone else is going I have tons of recommendations, especially between Cooperstown and the NYC area.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I like Edgar. One of my favorite M's players ever. Are we still pretending like he didn't juice?
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,809
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Great showing by Mariners fans yesterday. Far and away the second most represented fan base there behind the local Yankees fans. Brian Kenny even thanked Mariners fans for our impressive attendance after Edgar’s induction speech.