Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

perhaps this will grab the attention of Woodword

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited February 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
http://seattletimes.com/html/sports/2022886679_withers12xml.html
attendence has dropped by 20 fucking percent, if this continues there's a chance.
We're second to last in attendence to fucking wsu, with a fanbase that will support the team when good, fucking unacceptable

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Romar is a good recruiter, and the best coach ever.

It's what I am hearing.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yup Romar needs to go. I remember watching games on TV and it was crazy loud, now I can here echos of the ball dribbling.
  • Options
    I think by stealing Petersen, Woodward has confidence in himself that he can improve on the coaching situation.

Be it by blind luck he did improve the coaching situation with the football program. I think Romar is in some serious danger this year and it has ran its course.
  • Options
    Good point Road Dawg, I remember watching IT, Overton, Hawes, Brockman at the state tournament.

I was very fortunate to have been at the game when IT went up against Overton and dropped 51 but Overton got the win.

Even Tony Wroten when he was here he was exciting and we'd had all seen/heard of him for four years leading up to that.

With these guys you don't really know about them until they sign here.

There is no high flying guys who are athletic anymore. The team sucks, their OOC home slate is always shitty and the team is rather boring.

At least two years ago you had Ross and Wroten who had any moment could make you jump off your couch with excitement.
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Agree across the board. Romar has been great for the program for where it started. Time to move on boss. I used to get blasted for insisting a better coach would have consistently got us beyond the first round or two with the talent Romar had. Now, his hallmarks---athletic fast paced basketball and stingy D is gone. These guys play with no fire whatsoever.

I listened to Rondeau the other night on KJR and he said this is the least athletic team Romar has ever had. Probably true, but who is responsible for recruiting the athleticism?
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Unless you're a truly great coach (e.g. Izzo, Kruh-zew-ski) your stay at a university simply runs it's course. Same thing with Rick Barnes at Texas, though they've shown some signs of life this year. Romar has done a good, not great job. Time for new blood.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Unless you're a truly great coach (e.g. Izzo, Kruh-zew-ski) your stay at a university simply runs it's course. Same thing with Rick Barnes at Texas, though they've shown some signs of life this year. Romar has done a good, not great job. Time for new blood.

"...its course." Fuck me, I never make that mistake...
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Correct me if I'm wrong but has there ever been a time when the basketball and football teams have been good at the same time? Basketball is great, but if the football team and the Seahawks are doing well and basketball team is just average their an afterthought.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    section8 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but has there ever been a time when the basketball and football teams have been good at the same time? Basketball is great, but if the football team and the Seahawks are doing well and basketball team is just average their an afterthought.

mid 80s, Wvwelp, Schrempf
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

Romar is a good guy, good rep for the university, but he reached his ceiling a long time ago. If Woody wants to take the program to a higher level a change must be made.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Fuck anybody that think that Tony Wroten was "exciting" for the year he was at the UW ... that's one of the last words that I'd use to describe how I felt watching him play.

Romar's not getting canned after this year ... not happening.

However, the interest is gone besides those that support him no matter what. He's got to figure out how to turn the tide. It might already be too late.

I'm still not convinced that Woodward would fire Romar ... he's been a good enough representative for us that I'm not sure that we'd want to door.ass.out him.

But I could see a scenario where Romar is casually asked whether or not he's interested in an early retirement.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Fuck anybody that think that Tony Wroten was "exciting" for the year he was at the UW ... that's one of the last words that I'd use to describe how I felt watching him play.

Romar's not getting canned after this year ... not happening.

However, the interest is gone besides those that support him no matter what. He's got to figure out how to turn the tide. It might already be too late.

I'm still not convinced that Woodward would fire Romar ... he's been a good enough representative for us that I'm not sure that we'd want to door.ass.out him.

But I could see a scenario where Romar is casually asked whether or not he's interested in an early retirement.

Was this not exciting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzwQ0mzMfFc

How about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Shl8un3U34

He had a lot of flaws but I'll stand by my exciting comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDuhBYuqsn8
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2014
    Wroten had his moments ...

But there was so much about him that was so non-team oriented that it was painfully obvious that he wasn't at Washington because he wanted to win at Washington ... he was there because he had to go to college for a year and decided to stay home.

In many respects, I find behavior like that somewhat insulting.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Wroten had his moments ...

But there was so much about him that was so non-team oriented that it was painfully obvious that he wasn't at Washington because he wanted to win at Washington ... he was there because he had to go to college for a year and decided to stay home.

In many respects, I find behavior like that somewhat insulting.

Being a flawed player does not mean he didn't want to win. I remember the Duke game where he was the only guy on the whole team playing with any heart and fire.

Serious question, out of all the great UW players were any way better than Wroten their freshman year? I just wish we could have watched Wroten for more than one year, but everyone knew going into it that he was gone after his freshman year. I feel the same way about people who criticized Hawes.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Can we move this to the NBA and useless shit bored?

Mods? Devs? Allah?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    RosdDawg hit the nail on the head. Not only was UW winning with guys like Nate Rob, Conroy, IT, Bobby Jones, etc. but they were fun, exciting players to watch. Nobody, and I mean nobody can get excited about guys like Desmond Simmons, Mike Anderson, Paris Blackwell, Andrew Andrews, etc. Even CJ is not really a dynamic player. On a properly run team he would be a role player. More than half the players on this team belong on a Seattle U/ U of Portland team. Some belong at a school like Central. This all goes back to recruiting. Having to take your Plan F and G guys killed this team.

What kills me is that Romar had a recipe for success earlier in his coaching career with the run and gun style. For a few years we were Oregon Football on a basketball court. It wasn't perfect but was great for a nontraditional basketball school. Why he decided to slow everything down and recruit a bunch of slow Guys who aren't really great at anything is beyond me