Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

I guess the takeaway there is DJ Rogers has been recruited for awhile?

Also Matt Lubick is the gift that keeps on giving.

It still took Adams 6 months to offer after joining the staff. Whatever the reason we didn't sit down with Scott, Petersen was likely very involved in that decision. Scott seems like a very close comp to Kasen Williams. Maybe closer to his ceiling than some of the other WR recruits, but has all of the tools to be a very good player and the strength to contribute early.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

It still took Adams 6 months to offer after joining the staff. Whatever the reason we didn't sit down with Scott, Petersen was likely very involved in that decision. Scott seems like a very close comp to Kasen Williams. Maybe closer to his ceiling than some of the other WR recruits, but has all of the tools to be a very good player and the strength to contribute early.
    Gtfo, Kasen was more impressive prospect. Let’s not get carried away now
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    so Gee Scott Sr does a whole 2,000 word interview article that should be 98% about Ohio State but is actually from Frisco, TX and talks about 98% about how butt hurt he is about not getting the offer from Washington?

and how is Gee being at tOSU going to haunt UW for 3-4 years? I guess if we meet them in the Rose Bowel 4 times in a row and Gee is the difference in each of those games, but Jalen MF McMillan is coming to UW so... I'm pretty excited about him.

What the fuck is it about Seattle area journalists that they can think of nothing more intriguing than to always try to bring the local school down?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

so Gee Scott Sr does a whole 2,000 word interview article that should be 98% about Ohio State but is actually from Frisco, TX and talks about 98% about how butt hurt he is about not getting the offer from Washington?

and how is Gee being at tOSU going to haunt UW for 3-4 years? I guess if we meet them in the Rose Bowel 4 times in a row and Gee is the difference in each of those games, but Jalen MF McMillan is coming to UW so... I'm pretty excited about him.

What the fuck is it about Seattle area journalists that they can think of nothing more intriguing than to always try to bring the local school down?

I think the poont there was about local recruiting in general.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

Was he? He had more accolades but was pretty much all leaping ability and ball skills. I think Scott is a better route runner and technician.

I'd bet almost anything Scott has a better first three years of his college career (he'll obviously be better after Kasen's injury).
  • Options
    dawgs206 said:

FirePete said:

dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

Gee Scott - #10 WR, #66 overall (247), 6'2.5", 207 LBS, 4.72 forty, 4.22 shuttle, 38.9 inch vert. All indications are he is likely to rise in the next rankings.

Kasen Williams - #7 WR, #43 overall (247), 6'2", 200 LBS. I can't find his HS testing numbers, but his fastest 200 meters was 23.36, which is almost 1/2 second slower than Jayveon Sunday's PR. At his pro day he had a "4.6's" 40, 4.47 shuttle, 35.5 vert, but he wasn't the same after injuries. He was an elite high jumper/triple jumper in track too. More of a physical WR that could body smaller corners, similar to Gee.

Not that crazy of a comparison at this point in HS. Separated by a few players in the WR rankings, similar body size and playing style, Kasen had the nod in athleticism, but mainly as a jumper vs speed/quickness. Read their 247 profiles and they have very similar strengths.
    Scott is likely to move up, too.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    animate said:

I just get the feeling that Washington/Peterman dropped the ball on this one (and fuck Lubick) ... but at the end of the day it's far less painful given UW's trajectory and availability of quality WR's in the 2020 class.

Would I have wanted Gee Jr? Hell yes. Do I think he's a "character risk" Hell no. Do I think he was unfairly painted with some strange brush? Hell ... probably (thanks Gee Sr! lol ... )

I definitely agree with the whole saying "rather rein in the dog than try to teach the dog to hunt ..." sentiment ... Ohio State got a good one.

All these comparos with Kasen is just a moot point. Gee Jr would have done well in the UW system there is no doubt with me.

Yep, getting McMillian and probably Odunze takes a lot of the sting out of this, as will reeling in the other key EC kids (with Adams already on bored).

Him going to Ohio State is significantly less painful than his second option too.

Honestly wouldn't be shocked if we fill up but he still decommits at some point and commits to Oregon. Would make him far more valuable to daddy's business and be a much bigger fuck you to Pete than tOSU.
  • Options

Eh— I didn’t get the same read as you guys from that article. If he went far enough to get a commit video made for us, this is def not over.

I agree we have a real shot with him if we're willing to hold a spot until November/December. I don't think he's ready to bail on tOSU this early though, and I think we're going to fill up before the season starts.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I agree. I hope Eastside Catholic has a great year and he realizes he wants to keep the mojo going at UW.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Rome and Jalen>>>
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I could be wrong but I thought UW wasn't offering because Papa Scott is a dbag

ICBWT
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

ICBWT

Well if that's the case why did we offer eventually? Did he cease to be a d bag?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

ICBWT

Well if that's the case why did we offer eventually? Did he cease to be a d bag?
    finally realized that the kid shouldn't be 'punished' for the faults of the parent maybe?
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    His Dad is pretty adamant that Jr will be enrolling at OSU in January.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/User/GeeScott/
  • Options
    Bread said:

His Dad is pretty adamant that Jr will be enrolling at OSU in January.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/User/GeeScott/

Enrolling at Ohio in January and playing for the Huskies in the fall aren't mutually exclusive.