Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mosiah Nasili-Liu is taking off.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I am not speculating, I am asking. Pete is pretty lenient, had to be something horrible to get kicked off.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

I am not speculating, I am asking. Pete is pretty lenient, had to be something horrible to get kicked off.

Pete is pretty lenient? TF world am I living in?

I think it had to be something serious but I don't think I would ever describe Pete as lenient. He's a hard-ass. And I like him that way
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

dnc said:

FirePete said:

Pete is pretty lenient? TF world am I living in?

I think it had to be something serious but I don't think I would ever describe Pete as lenient. He's a hard-ass. And I like him that way
    He is a hard ass, but hes competitive as fuck and also practical. Hes not lightly casting aside a kid who has potential as a player, and who he has already invested a great deal into, unless the situation is hopeless. The kid is unreachable, has repeated the same mistakes too many times, or did something really serious that would tarnish the reputation of the program, staff and school if he were kept.

This really didn't warrant all the discussion and arguing.
    Agree with all this
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Full sperg meltdown when you don't even know the reasons behind his dismissal. This is a new, upgraded form of HH mental illness.

Ballz nuff said.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ballz wins pretty much every thread on here because people are too stupid to ignore when he goes full bullshit. He knows it's bullshit and doesn't care because he wins with the engagement. If you want it to stop just ignore when he barfs out a bullshit take. The 10% of the time he puts out a reasoned take, engage that. Don't complain about him blowing up threads because if you counter the BS you are just an accomplice. He'd stop with the horseshit if there were no responses. Unfortunately theres a lot of folks on here with nothing better to do than fake argue when he goes full on moron.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

chuck said:

chuck said:

Jesus SAC...jump to conclusions with limited information much?

Never mind. That's what drives 3/4 of your posts.

It takes a lot to get dismissed. It's either something really shitty, or a history of fuck ups and whatever just happened was the final straw, or a realization that the kid was on the wrong track and couldn't be reached, or something. He didn't just commit some forgivable first time offense and get the boot.

I need proof of that. I need @Sources to start leaking what the fuck happened. You don't win an iron pup award if you're being a fuck up. He also wasn't suspended for Spring ball or anything. There were no warning signs from the outside that he was fucking up at all. All signs were positive.
    They don't release info about warning signs while still trying to work it out with the player. They dont even release info about the final straw. It can only leak via the kid himself, his circle, or someone on staff and Petersen is better than any coach I can remember about squashing leaks when it comes to this stuff.

We just dont know wtf happened, and we're not going to.
    And again, Petersen is not going to award a guy with an iron pup award for his work in the weight room if he's fucking up off the field. Also, guys get held out of Spring ball and suspended for disciplinarian issues. It happened to Brayden Lenius. This is likely a one time mistake that is being used to make an example out of him to set the tone for the rest of the team. So it better be a legit fucking crime he committed.
    Jesus Christ you're an idiot
    Fuck off. Choir boys don't win national titles.
    You're confusing things. I never said anything about choir boys or natties. I simply stated that you're a fucking idiot.
    No you're an idiot. And you're fat. Ha. What are you in fucking middle school?
    If I was, it wouldn't change the fact you're a fucking idiot.
    A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of sheep.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I hope he kicked him off for having a hyphenated last name.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm hearing Pete kicked him off because he mistook his name change as Nasili-Kike :#

Pete is Nazi confirmed

jk
    (for parents who read the boreds)
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2019

whuggy said:

Ballz wins pretty much every thread on here because people are too stupid to ignore when he goes full bullshit. He knows it's bullshit and doesn't care because he wins with the engagement. If you want it to stop just ignore when he barfs out a bullshit take. The 10% of the time he puts out a reasoned take, engage that. Don't complain about him blowing up threads because if you counter the BS you are just an accomplice. He'd stop with the horseshit if there were no responses. Unfortunately theres a lot of folks on here with nothing better to do than fake argue when he goes full on moron.

A cunt needs to be called a cunt when he is acting cunty.
    Exactly what he wants. And people give it to him. On a platter.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

Shit like knocking out a teammate is not worthy of being dismissed.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here, and you set a pretty high bar dude
    Seriously, have you ever played fucking football? Fights between teammates happen all the fucking time. Talk too much shit, you can get knocked out. Steal something from a teammate, you can get knocked out. Fuck somebodies girlfriend, you can get knocked. All justifiable reasons for knocking someone out. This isn't band camp bitch.
    Knocking out a teammate isn't always worthy of being dismissed, that doesn't mean it's never worthy of being dismissed.

Context is king.

You have none.

STFU
    Knocking out a teammate should never warrant dismissal. There's 85 players plus walk ons on the roster. There are bound to be some disagreements and fights that happen. If you think a guy like Savell Smalls can make it four years here without knocking somebody out or getting into a fight, you're an idiot. He tries to start fights with guys every time he loses too many reps in a camp. I don't care at all about teammates fighting as long as nobody is seriously injured and it's not malicious. You knock a guy out and walk away and it's over. It's the coach's job to make sure guys squash any beef and to discipline them. You can't possibly believe that fights between teammates don't happen at every school all the time. OKG's or not, these are still football players and sometimes they make mistakes.
    Nobody said shit about fights not happening all the time. All I said is that context matters and you can't possibly make the blanket statement that knocking out a teammate is not a dismissible offense. It's not an auto dismiss but that doesn't mean it's an auto keep. Every case is different. There are plenty of things that could make "knocking out a teammate" dismissible.

Bringing Smalls into this is red herring as fuck. He has shit to do with this.
    Until you have that context you can't take Petersen's side due to his reputation of being a hard disciplinarian. At Boise State he dismissed his starting QB from the team for peeing off a balcony. Nobody should ever take Petersen's side in these matters until we know the player really fucked up.

Smalls has everything to do with this. We need players like him on this fucking roster to beat teams that play with an edge because he plays with an edge. But he also is always getting into fights with guys and starting drama. If Petersen can't handle a few guys like that on his roster it's a problem. Now if Mosiah did something egregious then I will 100% back his dismissal. But I never blindly take Petersen's side. Last I heard, he's still drug testing players for marijuana and nobody gives a fuck if they smoke weed.
    "If marijuana infiltrates your program, then everyone is going to do it and you've got a huge problem," Saban said. "If you don't test and do it right, that's what's going to happen -- because it's everywhere on college campuses."

https://www.al.com/sports/2012/04/saban_talks_to_espn_about_drug.html

The fuck does this guy know though
    Lol you think he actually walks that walk. That's called lip service. Bama players do whatever the fuck they want and get away with everything. Nobody is ever getting dismissed from Bama's roster for smoking weed, ever.
    Bama will boot a 3rd string junior simply for existing.

Petersen isn’t Saban or Urban Meyer where he will let just about anything go. I don’t know why that’s hard to grasp. It’s not going to change.
    Remember the kid that lost it on special teams against Georgia. Went to Tennessee St the next year.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

bigcc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

bigcc said:

Shit like knocking out a teammate is not worthy of being dismissed.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever read here, and you set a pretty high bar dude
    Seriously, have you ever played fucking football? Fights between teammates happen all the fucking time. Talk too much shit, you can get knocked out. Steal something from a teammate, you can get knocked out. Fuck somebodies girlfriend, you can get knocked. All justifiable reasons for knocking someone out. This isn't band camp bitch.
    Knocking out a teammate isn't always worthy of being dismissed, that doesn't mean it's never worthy of being dismissed.

Context is king.

You have none.

STFU
    Knocking out a teammate should never warrant dismissal. There's 85 players plus walk ons on the roster. There are bound to be some disagreements and fights that happen. If you think a guy like Savell Smalls can make it four years here without knocking somebody out or getting into a fight, you're an idiot. He tries to start fights with guys every time he loses too many reps in a camp. I don't care at all about teammates fighting as long as nobody is seriously injured and it's not malicious. You knock a guy out and walk away and it's over. It's the coach's job to make sure guys squash any beef and to discipline them. You can't possibly believe that fights between teammates don't happen at every school all the time. OKG's or not, these are still football players and sometimes they make mistakes.
    Nobody said shit about fights not happening all the time. All I said is that context matters and you can't possibly make the blanket statement that knocking out a teammate is not a dismissible offense. It's not an auto dismiss but that doesn't mean it's an auto keep. Every case is different. There are plenty of things that could make "knocking out a teammate" dismissible.

Bringing Smalls into this is red herring as fuck. He has shit to do with this.
    Until you have that context you can't take Petersen's side due to his reputation of being a hard disciplinarian. At Boise State he dismissed his starting QB from the team for peeing off a balcony. Nobody should ever take Petersen's side in these matters until we know the player really fucked up.

Smalls has everything to do with this. We need players like him on this fucking roster to beat teams that play with an edge because he plays with an edge. But he also is always getting into fights with guys and starting drama. If Petersen can't handle a few guys like that on his roster it's a problem. Now if Mosiah did something egregious then I will 100% back his dismissal. But I never blindly take Petersen's side. Last I heard, he's still drug testing players for marijuana and nobody gives a fuck if they smoke weed.
    "If marijuana infiltrates your program, then everyone is going to do it and you've got a huge problem," Saban said. "If you don't test and do it right, that's what's going to happen -- because it's everywhere on college campuses."

https://www.al.com/sports/2012/04/saban_talks_to_espn_about_drug.html

The fuck does this guy know though
    Lol you think he actually walks that walk. That's called lip service. Bama players do whatever the fuck they want and get away with everything. Nobody is ever getting dismissed from Bama's roster for smoking weed, ever.
    Bama will boot a 3rd string junior simply for existing.

Petersen isn’t Saban or Urban Meyer where he will let just about anything go. I don’t know why that’s hard to grasp. It’s not going to change.
    Everyone agrees we don't want bad guys on this team. But I've seen Petersen kick kids off his teams for knocking out a teammate, testing positive for weed, and peeing off a hotel balcony. No team in the history of college football has EVER won a national championship with ALL boy scouts. That is my fucking point. People shouldn't just assume Mosiah did something terrible without knowing the fucking facts because Petersen has booted kids for minimal shit before.