Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

William Shatner would play Captain Kirk again for Tarantino -- but don't ask him to go to space

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/06/26/entertainment/william-shatner-space-travel/index.html

William Shatner admits he's not completely sold on the concept of alien life and he's even passed up the chance to actually travel into outer space, but one opportunity he'd grab in an instant would be to return to the role of Captain James T. Kirk for Quentin Tarantino's potential "Star Trek" film project.

"Oh my god -- that would be extraordinary," the 88-year-old star of the original 1966 "Star Trek" series told CNN before taking the stage at Alien Con in Los Angeles, one of the largest gatherings of alien life enthusiasts and experts. "That would be wonderful. He's a dynamic director."

"I've gotten to know Tarantino a little bit over the years," Shatner revealed, having previously sounded off on social media in favor of the filmmaker bringing his famously R-rated sensibility to the 50-plus years old sci-fi franchise. "He flirted with the idea of my being in one of his movies, and I never did -- I don't know why. But what an extraordinary last trumpet note that would be. My goodness."

Comments