Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Drama / Crime (Sweet 16) - #1 The Godfather Part I vs #4 Silence of the Lambs

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,887
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Drama / Crime (Sweet 16) - #1 The Godfather Part I vs #4 Silence of the Lambs 44 votes

#1 The Godfather Part I
75%
DerekJohnsonRaceBannonSwayewhlinderPurpleBazeCirrhosisDawgRoadDawg55Dennis_DeYoungYouKnowItdncalumni94creepycougdfleaTequillabiak1PurpleThrobberDooglesBad_MotherDuckerCougzzseatownfunk 33 votes
#4 Silence of the Lambs
25%
BennyBeaverMad_SonGladstonechuckGrundleStiltzkinHuskyInAZPitchfork51NEsnake12Neighbor29721to392831weretakendoublebraiddawg 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #1 The Godfather Part I
    first pic almost makes me want to vote for silence of the lambs
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #4 Silence of the Lambs
    Why you do this to me? Oh well, I have The Deuce in the other.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 The Godfather Part I

Why you do this to me? Oh well, I have The Deuce in the other.

Torture mother fucker!

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Silence of the Lambs
    Both GF draws are brutal.
  • Options
    doublebraiddawgdoublebraiddawg Member Posts: 42
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    #4 Silence of the Lambs
    Hannibal may be greatest character ever

He would eat Diane Keaton with favar beans and a merlot that drinks like a cab
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    #4 Silence of the Lambs
    "Perfect movie" has been thrown around a lot this week. I think Silence of Lambs is one of them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 The Godfather Part I

"Perfect movie" has been thrown around a lot this week. I think Silence of Lambs is one of them.

It is. It should win over almost any other film.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    #4 Silence of the Lambs
    Hannibal Lecter:
    First principles, Clarice. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?

Clarice Starling:
    He kills women...

Hannibal Lecter:
    No! That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does, what need does he serve by killing?

Clarice Starling:
    Anger, social resentment, sexual frustration...

Hannibal Lecter:
    No, he covets. That's his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer.

Clarice Starling:
    No. We just...

Hannibal Lecter:
    No. Precisely. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes move over the things you want?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 The Godfather Part I
    Godfather 1 or 2 is gonna win this tournament. They are both very good, but not the best movies of all time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 The Godfather Part I

Godfather 1 or 2 is gonna win this tournament. They are both very good, but not the best movies of all time.

It’s certainly probable although we have some other strong contenders in the other brackets.

Just out of curiosity @RoadDawg55 what would you peg as the best movie of all time? I’m curious to hear your personal GOAT in particular.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 The Godfather Part I

It’s certainly probable although we have some other strong contenders in the other brackets.

Just out of curiosity @RoadDawg55 what would you peg as the best movie of all time? I’m curious to hear your personal GOAT in particular.
    Best or favorite are hard for me. I like Goodfellas better than The Godfather. Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight, Apocalypse Now, Fight Club.

I often watch 20 min of anyThe Godfather’s, including part 3 when I’m flipping channels. I just don’t think it’s the best movie.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    #4 Silence of the Lambs

Best or favorite are hard for me. I like Goodfellas better than The Godfather. Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight, Apocalypse Now, Fight Club.

I often watch 20 min of anyThe Godfather’s, including part 3 when I’m flipping channels. I just don’t think it’s the best movie.
    More a Snow Falling on Cedars guy?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 The Godfather Part I

I’m shocked that Gladiator is about to upset Apocalypse now.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #4 Silence of the Lambs

Isafnrc
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,803
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #1 The Godfather Part I

Definitely a Notebook guy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 The Godfather Part I

Definitely a Notebook guy.
    Not a bad movie. I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    #1 The Godfather Part I
    SOTL scared the shit out of me when it came out. It's disturbing to think there are people out there capable of exactly that shit.

That said, this isn't a competition. This is like UW vs. Whitman in rowboat (the Missionaries don't even have a team - there's not water in Walla Walla).

Mike you don't put SOTL against a movie like the Godfather!