Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Henry To'oto'o, 4* 2019 LB, Concord (De La Salle), CA (Offered 2/23/17)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    LMAO go to the VolNation board. Some funny shit already being posted by them. Here's a taste:

"Should've did like bama and move the whole family here and set them up with jobs. Though I'm sure it would be a violation if we did it."

"If he’s homesick just give him the same treatment that Bama gave Tua’s family and move his family here and set his dad up with a cushy job."

"I thought family was moving?"

"Thought the same thing."

"Could be a family medical thing, a personal medical thing, or any number of things unrelated to football. But by all means, lets freak out."
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

And Chris Petersen is meeting with the Tennessee athletic department and a bunch of the top boosters.
    I'll need to here from @LadouceurDwag

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Where there's smoke...there's fire. I think Roof might be losing her shit because this was something told to her in confidence by a valuable source for her and it leaking out could cause that source to dry up so now she's trying to back pedal the fuck up.

Lol at anybody who thinks fans shouldn't tweet at recruits or possible transfer candidates. Everybody is doing it and it's a free fucking country. The NCAA has no power in college football much less the real world where people not employed by these programs can do whatever the fuck they want on social media and it can't be stopped.

I will laugh so hard if this happens.

You may not like hearing this, but the reality is that even though the NCAA as a whole is relatively neutered at this point, there are fine lines between acting as a fan and crossing over and acting as a representative of the University.

Being positive about the school that you support, etc. makes a ton of sense. Let the kids drive their social media interests. Being all over HS kids to me is crossing the line a bit.

But when you start going down the path of actively and directly contacting kids while putting messages, etc. together are crossing a line that IMO you shouldn't be crossing.

It should be really simple:

1) Support your school ... show that you care

2) Let the coaches and the University do the recruiting
    LEAVE LOSER!

The NCAA doesn’t do shit and it’s obviously helping in recruiting.
    1) Just because the NCAA hasn't done anything about it yet doesn't mean that they won't

2) Just because laws in place aren't actively enforced doesn't mean that you should actively not care about breaking those laws

3) You have no idea whether this is actively helping recruiting or not and if it is to what degree it is ... your mindset is simply that because recruiting is going well and that the social media work is taking place, that there's a direct relationship. While not saying it's not helping in some manner, I guarantee that you're overinflating how much of a factor that it is.

Again, I've got no issue with being supporting and people showing that they care. That's awesome. But don't directly recruit ... that's just playing with fire IMO. Many of you were the ones that just months ago were actively going down the path of some dark areas that were far from accurate while also saying that recruiting was in the dumpster fire.

Rule #1 to anything should be "don't do something FS to the point that it hurts UW" ... PERIOD
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You guys need to cut it out. If we're not careful the hammer may drop

Fans need to knock it off, that is clearly a slippery slope and they are harming UW at this point doing that sort of stuff on social media. Henry is a good kid, he always loved Washington and he committed to UW before having to sign elsewhere, this is egregious though what fans are doing on twitter. The rules clearly read that anytime an individual begins to actively recruit a kid to the school they are representing they become a "representative of the school's interests". Fans don't seem to want to follow the directions of Jen Cohen and the AD.

He's not a reruitable athlete right now, he's enrolled at another school. HELLO!

• Options
    That's my point ...

Nobody gives a shit about saying something like "congratulations" or putting some husky pictures, etc. to an offer, visit, or verbal. It's short, to the point, is supportive, and doesn't say anything other than "we're paying attention."

You want to put some stuff out like DataDawg does on Twitter showing some good stats to look like I'm all for it. If UW wants to use that information, awesome. I'm not super enthused about directly @ recruits with it, but it's data driven and whatnot.

Where I start getting bent out of shape is when I see people on Twitter do direct recruiting pitches @ kids or when I see multiple @ tweets towards recruits on days/weeks. It's just something that doesn't sit right with me. I do wonder how many people realize that all season ticket holders are considered boosters for a program ... it's just a slippery slope.

The thing that probably bothers me the most through all of this as well is just the brazen disregard that many have for this in not recognizing the slippery slope. It just doesn't register to me to use the rationale "others do it" as a reason to do something. And yes, I do recognize that the schools that we're competing with make us look like massive choir boys.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Where there's smoke...there's fire. I think Roof might be losing her shit because this was something told to her in confidence by a valuable source for her and it leaking out could cause that source to dry up so now she's trying to back pedal the fuck up.

Lol at anybody who thinks fans shouldn't tweet at recruits or possible transfer candidates. Everybody is doing it and it's a free fucking country. The NCAA has no power in college football much less the real world where people not employed by these programs can do whatever the fuck they want on social media and it can't be stopped.

You may not like hearing this, but the reality is that even though the NCAA as a whole is relatively neutered at this point, there are fine lines between acting as a fan and crossing over and acting as a representative of the University.

Being positive about the school that you support, etc. makes a ton of sense. Let the kids drive their social media interests. Being all over HS kids to me is crossing the line a bit.

But when you start going down the path of actively and directly contacting kids while putting messages, etc. together are crossing a line that IMO you shouldn't be crossing.

LEAVE LOSER!

1) Just because the NCAA hasn't done anything about it yet doesn't mean that they won't

2) Just because laws in place aren't actively enforced doesn't mean that you should actively not care about breaking those laws

3) You have no idea whether this is actively helping recruiting or not and if it is to what degree it is ... your mindset is simply that because recruiting is going well and that the social media work is taking place, that there's a direct relationship. While not saying it's not helping in some manner, I guarantee that you're overinflating how much of a factor that it is.

Again, I've got no issue with being supporting and people showing that they care. That's awesome. But don't directly recruit ... that's just playing with fire IMO. Many of you were the ones that just months ago were actively going down the path of some dark areas that were far from accurate while also saying that recruiting was in the dumpster fire.

Rule #1 to anything should be "don't do something FS to the point that it hurts UW" ... PERIOD
    You sound old and gay
    You sound young and naive

Also sound like somebody that wasn't around in the early 90s when the PAC knocked UW down when they were good through any avenue possible ... simple solution is don't give them a reason to do so
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LEAVE LOSER!

You sound old and gay

Also sound like somebody that wasn't around in the early 90s when the PAC knocked UW down when they were good through any avenue possible ... simple solution is don't give them a reason to do so
    The NCAA doesn’t do shit. The PAC-10 fucked us back then anyways.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LEAVE LOSER!

You sound old and gay

The NCAA doesn’t do shit. The PAC-10 fucked us back then anyways.
    Nobody does shit until they do

Overeager boosters were the primary reason we got fucked back then ... don't give them a reason to have a repeat performance

It's not fucking hard to understand
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    All got to say is, if he comes great if he dosent that is fine too. But that fact there is so much smoke about this shit, isnfuckinn priceless
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LEAVE LOSER!

You sound old and gay

They would literally have to punish every program in the country you moron. Jesus you're paranoid. Coaches and athletic departments have zero control over the actions of fans on social media. It's impossible to police and therefore impossible to punish. Stop being retarded. The kids love the attention and there's absolutely nothing the NCAA or anybody can do about it.