Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sa'Vell Smalls, 6* 2020 BUCK, Seattle (Kennedy), WA (SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

At this point it might be time to stop dooging about Savell and wish him luck wherever he goes. Unless of course he chooses Oregon at which point it's ok to hope he gets 4 years of high ankle sprains and then heals up before the NFL draft. Of course I hold out 5% hope that he changes his mind but the dream of a Hometown Hero seems faded. As an alternative I'm changing my definition of Hometown Hero to players that are willing and excited to represent my hometown. My nominee for new definition Hometown Hero is Jalen McMillan. While we are disappointed by Savell a lot of that disappointment is eased by the committment of Jalen. His efforts in recruiting other players to play with him
    shows a level of leadership and maturity that I haven't seen in Savell. We got a total winner in JM and the other players that want to win with him is gonna ease a ton of the Savell disappointment.

Glad to see one of you fuckers gets it
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019

Meek said:

what are the odds Smalls shows up at Oregon's SNL event just so he can be spotted with another de facto "fuck you" to UW?

JHOP just a few days ago said Smalls wasn't going to Oregon but I am still interested if he goes to SNL and if they makes his top 6.
    He's not going to Oregon's SNL bullshit. They get a hat on the table for sucking his dick.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smalls in tallatrashy right now. Weather is too hot.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Smalls in tallatrashy right now. Weather is too hot.

yep...making his 2nd visit to see Slick Willy this summer to attend their Saturday Night Live event (what a coincidence it's the same name for an event on the same day as Oregon).
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just have to say that we cannot take all high end recruits.

We have to take 3 star croots with high ceilings but with significant flaws. Kids know this, understand that they need coaching and development over 2-3 years before even seeing the field. These kids are less likely to transfer, less likely to cause trouble, less management concerns.

Allows the coaching staff to use resources positively rather than burning it up.

Yeah, levelling up talent is great and necessary but when I look at rosters and recruiting classes like Alabama you'll see super high end croots littered with high ceiling 3 stars making up the roster balance.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Oh Jesus, you guys love your fucking starts
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Oh Jesus, you guys love your fucking starts

I prefer *stars
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

@animate, that's not true at all. Alabama's 2019 recruiting class had one 3*, twenty-three 4*, and three 5*. They are not getting three stars on purpose, they are taking the best talent they can get at all times.

I think the point he's trying to make is that there are challenges that come with landing classes that have full on blue chip talent ... it's also a first world problem to have.

The reality is that we're always going to have some amount of highly projectable guys in our recruiting classes.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Close the best possible class ASAP. Get Sam Adams, Covington, Esteen, and Jordan Muhfuccin Banks ASAP. Get him on campus for a big game where he “just wanted to watch a good game”. And move onto BIG 2021 fish either way.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FirePete said:

dhdawg said:

It's such a shame, he could be an absolute legend at UW.

Under Jimbo FSU had it's flaws (lots of them) but they were an elite program. Now under Taggart all of the bullshit that was happening under Jimbo remains and they can't even win anymore (year 1 I don't care that kind of talent should never finish 5-7 in the acc).

With that said they are completely antithetical to UW under Pete so if he's not fond of OKG it makes sense he would like them. That's why I chose them in the poll the other day for savell's CB.

Just a massive bummer.

Jimbo gave up on his guys years before he left. It was apparent in comparing previous years coaches shows. He was sick of fighting with upper akademees (sp?) about facilities and other stuff needed to keep up in the arms race. He also had a very public divorce that involves his wife cheating on him with a local trainer (not CSB #1 guy) as this trainer was actually a former gator 🤣. Rumors of Jimbos infidelity also surfaced but nothing solid every materialized. In the process his son became very sick, cancer or something horrible.

He was just done with tallatrashy and done with FSU. He had actually quit 2-3 yrs before he went to tamu.

Problem is these boys trusted him so slick Willie walked into a complete shit show. Talent was/is there but these young boys aren’t fools and they trusted jimbo and he did them dirty.

Willie has an uphill battle for many reasons. What jimbo built, he also tore down and it will take longer to get it built back then the time they will give him.

Some of this is hearsay, some is factual, take it all with a grain of salt.

Sounds like you care about FSU football
    It’s my job... knew here?
    Are you FSU's Rachel Marie Doyle? #ScoDawgs #WarDubs?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment