Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We're not there yet -- we need these recruits.

Was thinking as I listed to the TSIO pod, the boys seemed pretty happy, pretty smug. I'm not there yet. We still have a chance to fuck this up more than we already have. Trying to think which recruits we would NEED for me to be happy with the class as a whole. What I WANTED is down the drain with Ricks and Ringo and Flowe, but I can still be happy. But only with:
RB: Adams or Bijan (I know, but a guy can dream)
WR: Odunze or Bryant or Gee or Johnny -- Was tempted to put just Odunze or Bryant, but having McMillan covers up a lot of warts.
DE/OLB: Smalls or Banks. That's it. Not Johnny Fuckall from Bothell or some late bloomer bullshit from Utah. It's one or both of these two or the whole thing sucks.
DB: Hector or Esteen AND Covington. -- That's it. Anybody else would be a nice addition, but if it's Paster and Jackson and Smith, fuck off.

That's my list. Would you be happy if we got those guys? Or is there somebody else it would take? Or is that too much, and I should just be happy with half of that?

Who do you need to be okay and happy with this class?

Comments

• Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This, plus Hatchett
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    The reality is that UW is at a point where we can pretty much expect Top 10-15 classes

I think the big question is can we ramp up to the Top 5 range starting with the 2021 class
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

The reality is that UW is at a point where we can pretty much expect Top 10-15 classes

I think the big question is can we ramp up to the Top 5 range starting with the 2021 class

Yes
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Tequilla said:

I don’t think we can. If we could, shouldn’t it happen this year? USC a mess, UCLA 3 wins, Flowe friends with Davises, Ringo from here at our best-developed position, Bijan at a HS we have tradition with and no strong incumbent, Botelho “in the bag” with our strong Poly movement, etc.

All misses.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Adams, hatchett, Covington, hector, esteen, banks, odunze, LV or GB and a rabbit out of a hat (navarrette or a DE or other).

Even if the stars align (the never do, we can’t have nice things), I thinks on paper that’s still a fringe top 15 class.

That next level would look like landing a bijan or Milton, landing two of ringo/ransom/ricks/Phillips, landing smalls, and bothello. That feels like a purple trouser snake top 10 class right there.

‘21 could easily be udub’s best class ever dare I say pushing into the top 5 with a current realistic opportunity of landing five 5 🌟’s.

I’m dooging, still early and I haven’t started cycling yet today. When I do I’ll be sure to drop the FB live link of when I Self-immolation or self-seppuka later today.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

RealRhino said:

Tequilla said:

I don’t think we can. If we could, shouldn’t it happen this year? USC a mess, UCLA 3 wins, Flowe friends with Davises, Ringo from here at our best-developed position, Bijan at a HS we have tradition with and no strong incumbent, Botelho “in the bag” with our strong Poly movement, etc.

All misses.
    Next year we have three in state five stars versus one this year. One of them is already committed, one is rumored to be a silent commit, and the other is Egbuka who I’m way more confident in at this point than I was Smalls at the same point.

Then you have Troy Franklin, Kingsley, Keith Brown and Molokai for our in state elite talents who we are the current front runners for (we won’t get them all but won’t whiff on them all either)

Then you add Latu, Prentice, Simon, whichever other in state wr we decide we want with Egbuka (Lonyatta, maybe), and Ethan Calvert and you’re at or over ten blue chip commits without Lake taking anybody, and Huff and Milloe at only one commit each. And we haven’t even mentioned Korey Foreman who is throwing up dubs with Myles Murao.

Tl; dr: We should get two five stars at the very least, anything below three would be a huge disappointment and five wouldn’t be a shock. And we have the inside track in a number of high four stars.

We are getting a top 5 class next year, even is SC hires Urbs.

GATSSYN.
    Keith Brown isn't in-state, but I still agree with all of this. The dominoes are really stacked for '21.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    Founders Club
    SC is in "Bruins in Ruins" or "James quits on his team" phase. The molestation case and the admissions criminal scandal have their Board of Trustees staring down the barrel of 250mm+ in legal settlements. The water polo coach is going to prison. The basketball program is caught up in the FBI scandal, and it's awaiting penalties from the NCAA. All under St Hayden's (Bless his Heart) and Mike Garrett's watch. The probability of SC hiring Urban Meyer, a coach who sheltered Aaron Hernandez and a spouse beating (allegedly) coach on his staff, is low.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You fucking guys ... I've already bought xxl sweatpants to handle my raging purple boner.

This is getting too much.

But yeah, next year is set up to be amazing. Then we get Nate Robinson's kid! ...

And then Danny Shelton's kid 18 years from now as our middle linebacker...
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

AEB said:

SC is in "Bruins in Ruins" or "James quits on his team" phase. The molestation case and the admissions criminal scandal have their Board of Trustees staring down the barrel of 250mm+ in legal settlements. The water polo coach is going to prison. The basketball program is caught up in the FBI scandal, and it's awaiting penalties from the NCAA. All under St Hayden's (Bless his Heart) and Mike Garrett's watch. The probability of SC hiring Urban Meyer, a coach who sheltered Aaron Hernandez and a spouse beating (allegedly) coach on his staff, is low.

Prayingdoog.jpg that SC' hires their Ty to "restore morality to the program".
    Yeah, I tend to agree that USC will be very nervous to make the right hire for their next head coach in that they'll need to ameliorate a very public football program while ensuring that the university itself is guaranteed a coach with no skeletons in the closet.

As much as everyone at USC wants Meyer, I have a hard time believing he will be hired there. SC's target would have to be Petersen, but he won't go there so I don't know what they're going to do.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    They're going to have to:

- focus on hundreds of millions in legal settlements and muck
    - fire their swannie (please don't)
    - hire a clean, under the radar type that will succeed because of the natural advantages ...
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary

Step 1. Get Adams, Hatchett

Step 2. Get Covington, Xavier Carlton and Esteen

Step 3. Get Rome and your choice of LV/GBJ

Step 4. Get Banks and Will Latu and have them recruit Savell

Step 5. Get Hector, maybe DJ if we’re feeling frisky, then fill in any holes and go after transfer portal guys

Step 6. Show up to Jordan Botelho’s door with Justin Tuitele, a printed list of this current class, a fired Bob Gregory, BBK film vs his HS recruiting ranking & a bag full of cloth like paper that looks green but up close is actually black and white.

Step 7. Sign Savell who has been humbled a lil by this experience. Have him get started with Will Latu on building the 2021 class

I just nutted in my jockey shorts
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Peterman said:

Step 1. Get Adams, Hatchett

Step 2. Get Covington, Xavier Carlton and Esteen

Step 3. Get Rome and your choice of LV/GBJ

Step 4. Get Banks and Will Latu and have them recruit Savell

Step 5. Get Hector, maybe DJ if we’re feeling frisky, then fill in any holes and go after transfer portal guys

Step 6. Show up to Jordan Botelho’s door with Justin Tuitele, a printed list of this current class, a fired Bob Gregory, BBK film vs his HS recruiting ranking & a bag full of cloth like paper that looks green but up close is actually black and white.

Step 7. Sign Savell who has been humbled a lil by this experience. Have him get started with Will Latu on building the 2021 class

I just nutted in my jockey shorts
    You know why you were flagged