Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark "gets it" when it comes to recruiting.

CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
I love the way we offer pretty much every player on the west coast a schollie filling up our classes before all the big time recruits commit. Result? A bunch of 7-6 caliber players with maybe 1 or 2 really worth a damn and a handful of D4 studs.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2013
    How many D1 schools have you coached at? Didn't think so. You are just a know it all hiding behind a fake name and a computer in your moms basement with a boner in your sweatpants. Get back to us when you actually have done something.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

How many D1 schools have you coached at? Didn't think so. You are just a know it all hiding behind a fake name and a computer in your moms basement with a boner in your sweatpants. Get back to us when you actually have done something.

I would like for you to step into my shoes for a day. Maybe after you know what it feels like to answer all the calls and e-mails that I do you would be singing a different tune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah

Anyone with half a brain and a computer can criticize our coach!
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I love the way we offer pretty much every player on the west coast a schollie filling up our classes before all the big time recruits commit. Result? A bunch of 7-6 caliber players with maybe 1 or 2 really worth a damn and a handful of D4 studs.

Sark's recruiting, especially on the line-of-scrimmage does need to get better and that must come from not only winning more games, but also consistently winning UW's fair share of games against those schools Sark is competing against for the best recruits, namely Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, USC, and UCLA. See how that works in a competitive World....... recruiting in college ball is a tough game.

I'm less concerned with Sark's recruiting classes than I am for how well his staff is developing those recruits. The magnitude of improvement in the Husky defense last season under a completely new defensive staff is indicative of what I believe has been Sark's bigger problem....... the quality of his staff of assistants and how he's managed them. With the coaching changes this past Winter on offense, Sark's staff has now been almost completely turned over since he first arrived at Montlake. Let us hope Sark's offensive changes payoff as well as the defensive staff changes have thus far.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tailgater said:

Sark's recruiting, especially on the line-of-scrimmage does need to get better and that must come from not only winning more games, but also consistently winning UW's fair share of games against those schools Sark is competing against for the best recruits, namely Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, USC, and UCLA. See how that works in a competitive World....... recruiting in college ball is a tough game.

I'm less concerned with Sark's recruiting classes than I am for how well his staff is developing those recruits. The magnitude of improvement in the Husky defense last season under a completely new defensive staff is indicative of what I believe has been Sark's bigger problem....... the quality of his staff of assistants and how he's managed them. With the coaching changes this past Winter on offense, Sark's staff has now been almost completely turned over since he first arrived at Montlake. Let us hope Sark's offensive changes payoff as well as the defensive staff changes have thus far.

The offensive coaching change needed is for Sark to be fired and a real OC to be hired.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club