Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

LV Bunkley-Shelton, 2020 4* WR, Gardena (Junipero Serra), CA (Offered)

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    I’ve been pretty meh on him in regards to this class (not a top 5 west coast receiver IMO but probably top 10). In most receiver classes I’d be thrilled to have him. In this one there are others we have legit shots at that I like better.

I probably need to watch his film again.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I’ve been pretty meh on him in regards to this class (not a top 5 west coast receiver IMO but probably top 10). In most receiver classes I’d be thrilled to have him. In this one there are others we have legit shots at that I like better.

First world problems ... Embarrassment of riches?

Good to have.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All the silent commits make a lot of sense: Petersen wants to time their commitments strategically to steal Cristoballs' thunder when guys commit to Oregon.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think he would have been an elite safety, but I like him as a WR too. His ball skills are top tier.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

I'd suggest it. I can't remember if it was DDY or Coker, but on the latest pod one of them wasn't a fan and the other said watch the tape again, he's a perfect slot receiver.

Here is a recent production from March by Turn Up Maaan. I remember I wasn't too sure on Cam Williams, and then I watched his Turn Up Maaan highlights and was sold he was going to play as a True Frosh, and then he shows up in Spring Camp and it looks like he's going to grab a starting spot from day 1.

It also shows that he works his ass off.

https://youtu.be/6Td4_3OBTpo
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

He's growing on me, his route running at the rivals camp is really fucking good.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Me too, yet he seems to be all but publically committed. Hes good. I can see that. He doesn't look spectacular athletically but maybe theres more speed and quickness there that I'm not seeing.

I've been considering him the second slot option behind Bryant, and I figured they'd only take one since we look good for Odunze and are still not out for Wilson.
    Maybe they'd take both, or maybe it's not looking good for Bryant.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    I don’t know. Those camp routes all look like bs triple moves that take 5 seconds to develop, of course guys get open.

Impressed by his hard work to get a scholarship, but does that mean he’s maxed out?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

I don’t know. Those camp routes all look like bs triple moves that take 5 seconds to develop, of course guys get open.

Impressed by his hard work to get a scholarship, but does that mean he’s maxed out?

We can't possibly take more than 1 more wr I would think. McMillan and racanelli are set. I would think Rome is our remaining top priority but not sure. That would be my hope at least.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

RealRhino said:

We can't possibly take more than 1 more wr I would think. McMillan and racanelli are set. I would think Rome is our remaining top priority but not sure. That would be my hope at least.
    If we take three others than Sawyer to LB
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

RealRhino said:

If we take three others than Sawyer to LB
    I doubt that happens. He has been quoted specifically about coach Adams recruiting him as a big wr. Possible I guess. We need to balance the roster full of wr's we have right now as it is. Even taking 3 is unnecessary this year. Just happens to be a good year for that position so I think they are doing it.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited July 2019

He's really good. I didn't think we had a chance with him until now. I thought he was going to Ohio State but it looks like they filled up. If he wanted to commit I'd want them to take him regardless of Gary Bryant also being interested and both of them being slot type guys.

A USC fan created a highlight reel of LV at the Rivals 5-star challenge and he was cooking dudes:

I'd cook dudes too if I ran at two frames per second. Impossible to cover.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    This kid is good.
  • LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,206
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    If he’s not a silent commit already then it’s in the bag. This dude is pure OKG and works hard AF to get better. You know he’ll kill it in the weight room and become more explosive. I’d take his commit right now
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

According to @SonicsDawg, LV is a plan B for Odunze and Bryant is a take no matter what.

Let’s pretend I believe this... do the coaches straight up say “we can’t take your commitment now but we’ll let you know when we can and see if you’re still interested?”

Then how do they keep the kid interested when deep down they only want him if they miss on their preferred option...

I get side chicks and that game.

I get sales and managing sales reps and that game.

I don’t get the art of recruiting. Maybe I’m just too honest for that game.

Thinking superchronicdawg is full of shit. Isn’t LV and Bryant both slot guys?
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

According to @SonicsDawg, LV is a plan B for Odunze and Bryant is a take no matter what.

If you don’t think this has anything to do with Korey Foreman you smoke more than I do.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you don’t think this has anything to do with Korey Foreman you smoke more than I do.